Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2020 at 13:02
Yesterday found a couple Brit prog things...at a used book store that had some old vinyl.
Brian Auger- Closer To It
Manfred Mann- Watch
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 09:09
^ Very cool Dr!!
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 05:20
Just wished people would realize that digital also means CDs - hard or soft copy it's still digital. And there is no 's' on the end of vinyl...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 09:27
Originally posted by uduwudu uduwudu wrote:

Just wished people would realize that digital also means CDs - hard or soft copy it's still digital. And there is no 's' on the end of vinyl...
Very true, on both points. I have been trying to use the descriptors "records" or "LP(s)", its a process to change Smile.
As far as digital, I am very comfortable with it. I am not comfortable with CDs due to the terrible and all the errors that happen in the mastering process. There are CDs that are pressed from well done digital masters, problem is they are far and few between. 
Most new LP releases today are from a digital recording and some of the mastering was done in the digital world, very few recordings today are done on analog tape, just too expensive. The ones I have though are magical to say the least, and this is why so many purists look for reissues that are done from the original master tapes, this can be done and when I compare them to my original issues they sound again amazing.

I do have some records that are brickwalled badly, sound terrible.....the recent Dream Theater albums are bad, ADTOE could be a needle drop it is so bad. Kaleidoscope by TA is bad, there are others....but in general most of what I buy is really good and easily stomps on the CD version.
If you can listen to Steely Dan~Aja and Supertramp~Crime Of the Century, original pressings and you will hear and experience absolute magic from your turntable. Clap

Cheers
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 11:22
I received an email today about Deluge Grander just added Heliotians, Vinyl LP + CD with hand-painted artwork to Bandcamp, check it out here.

I thought that it might be of interest to some of you.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 22:22
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I received an email today about Deluge Grander just added Heliotians, Vinyl LP + CD with hand-painted artwork to Bandcamp, check it out here.

I thought that it might be of interest to some of you.
Very cool!! Will have to check out the music.....THANKS Scott!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 13:35
Another arrival by the musical genius that is Prince! This one is pressed by MPO in France and lacquer cut by SST in Germany

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 18:33
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 23:57
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 01:29
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 18:53

Hello there!
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 14:57
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Hello there!

Which version did you get??
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 15:28
The one in the picture is the transparent copy, awesome poster included. I also ordered Green Marble which is shipping from Spain, so hopefully i'll be able to see it sometime in this lifetimeLOL
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 00:32
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

The one in the picture is the transparent copy, awesome poster included. I also ordered Green Marble which is shipping from Spain, so hopefully i'll be able to see it sometime in this lifetimeLOL
You can just go get it....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 15:34
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 15:48
That looks like The Wall pt2. Lol. ^
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 16:22
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

That's funny bro! Great album btw, I'm really diggin all my TPT on records/LPs, they sound great....This one even better than the CD version, the remastering is super nice.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 17:35
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

That's funny bro! Great album btw, I'm really diggin all my TPT on records/LPs, they sound great....This one even better than the CD version, the remastering is super nice.

Been hearing great things about the Pineapple Thief and their sonic qualities. I’ve yet to explore them, but there will be a time. I hear their blu ray concerts have excellent 5.1 mixes.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 18:01

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Been hearing great things about the Pineapple Thief and their sonic qualities. I’ve yet to explore them, but there will be a time. I hear their blu ray concerts have excellent 5.1 mixes.
I'm not a HT guy...not sure I ever will be. But I watch a lot of their live stuff on YT and its great quality! Steve Kitch and his remix/mastering has really impressed me on all of their albums, and 360 Mastering with Dave Turner excellent results too.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2020 at 14:37
Received yesterday.......2017 Remix of 3 epics, and remaster of remaining songs. The bloody heavy compression/brick wall from the original 2002 CDs is gone on the LP version........Dynamics are the order of the day!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 312>