Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Black Codex (NL) for Symphonic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mogol View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 07:13
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

The team hasn't remained unchanged, we had  ad least 15 different members
Then I misunderstood you. I apologize.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 11:39
Originally posted by mogol mogol wrote:

The team hasn't remained unchanged, we had  ad least 15 different members
Then I misunderstood you. I apologize.

No hay problema.

ModernProg3 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 15:13
Originally posted by amatala amatala wrote:

Anyway, to answer your question: the booklet is only included with the box. The separate 2 disc sets do not have booklets.

Thank you for your fast response.
I had some problems with my profile and the username had to be changed in the end,
so I couldn't answer.
In the meantime I bought the box-version and am happy with the very nice booklet. 
Prog or not I really enjoy the epic journey so far. 
I listened to 5 of the 8 discs and thus far I've got the impression that it is well-made and deserves some attention.
It feels really great to listen to such a massive conceptalbum.

MP3

amatala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2015 at 07:37
Yeah, the box set is the way to go for the full experience.

I am glad you like it - I have listened to the whole thing 6-7 times (which is no easy feat Tongue ) and I do agree that it deserves more attention.

But even if it got rejected here, other Prog sites are slowly but surely including it in their listings so it should start reaching more Prog fans!

http://www.proggnosis.com/ARTIST_DETAIL.aspx?AID=13288
Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2015 at 23:52
i heard "The Black Codex" again in its entirety yesterday and could say that it's undoubtedly the symphonic prog at its best, and therefore the project would be the first-class PA material...
However, it MUST be listen in its entirety, and any symph prog fan who really  have been listening to "The Black Codex" in its entirety will confirm that it's undeniably a pure symphonic prog.  
BTW, i'v been reading about this stunning project @ Prog Sphere at the time when the project was started.
 i'm afraid that the current PA symph team sadly lost something of their credibility after their ridiculous decision to reject one of the most ambitious symph prog projects in decades, and surely a damage to the Prog Archives is done by the symph team in this case.

Edited by Komandant Shamal - September 07 2015 at 23:55
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 00:13
^ There's no doubt it's symphonic rock, I can tell that just from the small samples.  Whether it's prog is for the team to decide.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 00:48
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ There's no doubt it's symphonic rock, I can tell that just from the small samples.  Whether it's prog is for the team to decide.

Mister, i unterstand that for some crazy reason you have to play the lawyer of symph team in the case of "The Black Codex" ridiculous rejection, but I dont buy the cheap tricks. Symph rock and Symph prog is the same thing - always have been and always will be... So go try to sell your tricks to the kids in a kindergarten.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 01:06
Oooh, a tough guy.   Bring it, Shirley.   I have no knowledge as to whether they've been rejected or not, but if you wanna fight, we can do that too.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 01:16
Originally posted by Komandant Shamal Komandant Shamal wrote:

Mister, i unterstand that for some crazy reason you have to play the lawyer of symph team in the case of "The Black Codex" ridiculous rejection, but I dont buy the cheap tricks. Symph rock and Symph prog is the same thing - always have been and always will be... So go try to sell your tricks to the kids in a kindergarten.

Symphonic Rock is the same as Symphonic Prog?

I'm getting tired of this crap, we don't have  to answer you or your alter ego Svetonio.

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - September 08 2015 at 01:21

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 01:24

Oooh, a tough guy.   Bring it, Shirley.   I have no knowledge as to whether they've been rejected or not, but if you wanna fight, we can do that too.

"I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right..."

...At least in this case!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 01:41
^ Actually you kinda do.  This is Progarchives, not a knitting club.  Everyone fights for what they believe, that's the point.  And if you fail, it's on to the next thing.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 01:57

Symphonic Rock is the same as Symphonic Prog?

I'm getting tired of this crap, we don't have  to answer you or your alter ego Svetonio.

i'm NOT Svetonio. And I told you that no one time.
Okay you say that, and i read that assertion at many threads and not only from you - please show to the forum members, collabs and admins, an unanswereable proof for your assertion - but please DONT start to "joking" now, DONT wake up your forum's lawyers to "help" you - now you must to show an irrafutable proof for what you said at the forum, and the admins will delete my account in a sec and you'll never see me again. isnt that nice? what you and your "lawyers" are waiting for? LOL
 However, if you dont have an incontestable proof for your assertion, and if you are to continue to call me "Svetonio", I will call you a liar.

Edited by Komandant Shamal - September 08 2015 at 01:58
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 02:11

t i'm NOT Svetonio. And I told you that no one time.
Okay you say that, and i read that assertion at many threads and not only from you - please show to the forum members, collabs and admins, an unanswereable proof for your assertion - but please DONT start to "joking" now, DONT wake up your forum's lawyers to "help" you - now you must to show an irrafutable proof for what you said at the forum, and the admins will delete my account in a sec and you'll never see me again. isnt that nice? what you and your "lawyers" are waiting for? LOL
 However, if you dont have an incontestable proof for your assertion, and if you are to continue to call me "Svetonio", I will call you a liar.

1.- Do you know English?

I said ALTER EGO, because of your ignorance in the languages (English and Latin), here is the definition.

alter ego

: a close friend who thinks or feels similarly to the way you think or feel

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alter%20ego

Educate yourself before you write, never said you were a clone....Now what I think is my problem.

2.- I don't need to wake anybody to help me, i can do it for myself, have debated with people more prepared and educated than you, unlike others who are  puppets of their alter egos. 

3.- About the band, it's our call, if you don't like it, buy your site and do what you want, I don't have to answer you or your ALTER EGO, the Administrators and the owners of the site are the only ones who can inquire about our decisions as a team.

They haven't been added, because in our opinion and at least two members of the Neo Team, they are not Prog.

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - September 08 2015 at 02:18

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 02:35
Who needs barrack room "lawyers" when we have a real one.  Wink
What?
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 04:08
Oh boy! the debate is not over.. We have a persistent defender of the Black Codex here. From what i have been listening from this artist, it always seems difficult to reject a band that we think offer some quality music. I don't know if Black Codex would fit better on eclectic team because there's some symphonic music here, but much more like classical, medieval, soundtrack, etc. It's not the end of the world if this band is rejected by PA, it doesn't mean that it's not quality music or that it doesn't have some progressive rock tendencies. Maybe it's because the Progressive Rock element is not perceive as dominant from team's members here.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 04:24
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 04:24
...not a drawing made for this purpose, but if you ignore the political texts I think it fits.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
amatala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 04:25
I think that the important thing to understand here is that PA is not a site that strives for accuracy or objectiveness, but it's a site on which the owners include whatever they feel it's right in order to create their own subjective definition of Progressive Rock. This has been made very clear on repeated occasions.

Once you understand that, this debate is over, the owners have spoken and users are free to move along and start using whatever site which they consider to be more credible and accurate (or build they own sites where they can be kings and rule their own worlds as they deem fit).

Edited by amatala - September 08 2015 at 04:30
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 06:04
The owners? This site has only one owner, and he's not involved in the evaluation of bands to be added to the database. Those you call "owners" are all volunteers who do it out of passion, without getting any reward - financial or otherwise. I understand your frustration, but before taking pot shots at people you might want to get your facts right.
amatala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 06:09
It doesn't really matter, the result is the same. The teams decide, so it's their site to do as they please with the info on it.

Edited by amatala - September 08 2015 at 06:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>