Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInappropriate reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 141>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 03:20

A new classic?

YES Relayer progressive rock album and reviews YES - Relayer
Review by Robert le Plant @ 12:52:11 AM EST, 4/5/2005

0 stars  —   Man, what the hell is the matter with Jon Anderson! This album prove sht at homosexuals can't sing or write music! Clearly! I mean klisten ot his whiney woman voice, sounds like he's trying to sing like Robert Plant, a cleatrly superior vocalist, but no queer can ever sing like Robert Plant, or stand on stage with such manly integrity. Sweat wouldn't look good on Jon Anderson's gay Chest, only that perfectly fur covered man chest of Robert Plant. Jon Anderson's ugly faggy monkey face is nothing like that perfectly squared Jaw of Robert Plant, and his beutiful thinking eyes penetrate in ways Jon Anderson's never could, and that's not the only thing you want Robert Plant ot penetr... Umm, so Relayer is a terrible album Stay away, uless you like ugly Gay people who can't sing!

valravennz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 03:27
Originally posted by Ben2112 Ben2112 wrote:

A new classic?

YES Relayer progressive rock album and reviews YES - Relayer
Review by Robert le Plant @ 12:52:11 AM EST, 4/5/2005

0 stars  —   Man, what the hell is the matter with Jon Anderson! This album prove sht at homosexuals can't sing or write music! Clearly! I mean klisten ot his whiney woman voice, sounds like he's trying to sing like Robert Plant, a cleatrly superior vocalist, but no queer can ever sing like Robert Plant, or stand on stage with such manly integrity. Sweat wouldn't look good on Jon Anderson's gay Chest, only that perfectly fur covered man chest of Robert Plant. Jon Anderson's ugly faggy monkey face is nothing like that perfectly squared Jaw of Robert Plant, and his beutiful thinking eyes penetrate in ways Jon Anderson's never could, and that's not the only thing you want Robert Plant ot penetr... Umm, so Relayer is a terrible album Stay away, uless you like ugly Gay people who can't sing!

I can't laugh at this rubbish. It is abusive, insulting to any the forum's gay members and to the Artist(s).

Please have this removed ASAP.

"Music is the Wine that fills the cup of Silence"
- Robert Fripp

Seyo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 04:11
I agree, this "review" clearly falls under the sanctions of Civility Guidelines, it is very abusive and intolerant and not related to music whatsoever.

I vote for removal!
Certif1ed View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 08:49

It's turned into a discussion - this underlines why I think people should have to REGISTER before being allowed to create reviews;

YES Relayer
Review by Roger @ 4:16:49 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  This lines for progmaster: I am chocked that you let the "Robert le Plant" review on line. You have to delete this review full off racism and insanities. This man is not a prog lover and has nothing to do here. Many thanks in advance.

YES Relayer
Review by Raelrules @ 5:10:16 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  This album is superb period. Concerning le Plant's attack on Jon Anderson, his stance is paradoxal (not to mention just plain nasty and intolerant), in that he professes himself, an undisguised affection for sweat drenched male bodies, hairy torsos and perfectly suared jaws, go figure. All I can say is.. get a life !

YES Relayer
Review by Tony Dodd @ 5:19:12 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  Note to "Robert le Plant"; 1) John Anderson isn't gay. 2) So what if he was. 3) You are deliberately offensive and don't express yourself very well; you may have other issues in your life which explain this. 4) You don't like the album - that's perfectly OK. Lots of people more intelligent than you don't like it either. 5) I would be happy to read some more positive reviews from you, perhaps of albums that you do like. Smile and be happy.

YES Relayer
Review by iguana @ 8:09:38 AM EST, 4/5/2005

3 stars  —  look, you fools, let me whack all THREE of you on the head – robert le plant: nice try to start up a bit of an argument and to polarize opinions, but boy did you screw up... you made a right dork out of yourself with your childish homophobic attitude *yawn* + raelrules & tony dodd: you folks are perfect proof that progressive rock listeners have no sense of humour at all, concerning that we are supposed to be intellectually MILES above thick pieces of sh*t like him. how very sad indeed ... erm, good album! the swiss poodle was an interesting addition and "sound chaser" & "to be over" were almost destined to be outshadowed by "the gates of delirium". not the best album to start off your YES-collection, though, you'll be better of with "drama" as a first ;-)>

Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 13:58
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

It's turned into a discussion - this underlines why I think people should have to REGISTER before being allowed to create reviews;

YES Relayer
Review by Roger @ 4:16:49 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  This lines for progmaster: I am chocked that you let the "Robert le Plant" review on line. You have to delete this review full off racism and insanities. This man is not a prog lover and has nothing to do here. Many thanks in advance.

YES Relayer
Review by Raelrules @ 5:10:16 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  This album is superb period. Concerning le Plant's attack on Jon Anderson, his stance is paradoxal (not to mention just plain nasty and intolerant), in that he professes himself, an undisguised affection for sweat drenched male bodies, hairy torsos and perfectly suared jaws, go figure. All I can say is.. get a life !

YES Relayer
Review by Tony Dodd @ 5:19:12 AM EST, 4/5/2005

5 stars  —  Note to "Robert le Plant"; 1) John Anderson isn't gay. 2) So what if he was. 3) You are deliberately offensive and don't express yourself very well; you may have other issues in your life which explain this. 4) You don't like the album - that's perfectly OK. Lots of people more intelligent than you don't like it either. 5) I would be happy to read some more positive reviews from you, perhaps of albums that you do like. Smile and be happy.

YES Relayer
Review by iguana @ 8:09:38 AM EST, 4/5/2005

3 stars  —  look, you fools, let me whack all THREE of you on the head – robert le plant: nice try to start up a bit of an argument and to polarize opinions, but boy did you screw up... you made a right dork out of yourself with your childish homophobic attitude *yawn* + raelrules & tony dodd: you folks are perfect proof that progressive rock listeners have no sense of humour at all, concerning that we are supposed to be intellectually MILES above thick pieces of sh*t like him. how very sad indeed ... erm, good album! the swiss poodle was an interesting addition and "sound chaser" & "to be over" were almost destined to be outshadowed by "the gates of delirium". not the best album to start off your YES-collection, though, you'll be better of with "drama" as a first ;-)>

yeah thats a good point certif1ed

Ben2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 14:48
OK let me clear something up. I in no way support what that reviewer said. My laughy face was at his idiocy, not at what he wrote. He is a troll, plain and simple folks. He is trying to bait you, make you angry; that's what trolls do. I was determined NOT to let him upset me; hence the laughy face. Heck, if you let every lamer on the internet ruin your day, you aren't going to have much fun online.

Edited by Ben2112
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 15:04
Correct Cert, these reviews should be removed.
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 13:10
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

Originally posted by Manunkind Manunkind wrote:

THAT DOES IT! What is this, a 'Let's hate Manunkind' - thread?!! Tuxon, goose, Cluster One, get over here and fight like men!!!

Just call me before you get on the plane so that I can get to the airport on time...

I don't hate you unkind man,
I just think you shouldn't call opinions that aren't yours inapropriate

Just an overdone attempt at humor, Tuxon, not a challenge to an airport-brawl.

I thought the aim of this thread was to point out reviews that don't even attempt at describing the album they deal with or otherwise backing up the opinions therein a little more objectively, and therefore don't tell the potential listener anything about the album. Personally, this review doesn't tell me anything about MLOR, other than that some people don't like it - nothing that can't be said about any other piece of music in existence.

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 16:59
Originally posted by Manunkind Manunkind wrote:

Just an overdone attempt at humor, Tuxon, not a challenge to an airport-brawl.

Phew, I was worried you were being serious there

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 08:23
I had a review removed once, it was for Incantations by Oldfield. I never knew why. Is there any way to find out?
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 11:07

Might not have been removed as such SD. Only reviews with more than 50 words are displayed. Could it have perhaps been too short?

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 11:31
I cant bleedin remember
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 13:29
YES - 90125 (1983)
Review by yesfan @ 12:14:35 PM EST, 4/17/2005
2 stars  —   90125 is to yes what love beach is to elp only serious.jon's vocals give 2 stars to a 0 star album. CHRIS ALAN AND TONY CAN DO EFFING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! AND TREVOR RUINED THE BAND!!!!!!! thank you rush for showing us prog could live in the 80s. P.S.,JON DONT DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!!!!!!!

Does this count as inappropriate?
Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 16:49
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

YES - 90125 (1983)
Review by yesfan @ 12:14:35 PM EST, 4/17/2005
2 stars  —   90125 is to yes what love beach is to elp only serious.jon's vocals give 2 stars to a 0 star album. CHRIS ALAN AND TONY CAN DO EFFING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! AND TREVOR RUINED THE BAND!!!!!!! thank you rush for showing us prog could live in the 80s. P.S.,JON DONT DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!!!!!!!

Does this count as inappropriate?

I think its helpfull, we should all stay far away from that kool aid.

Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 00:00
ZAUBER Aliens
Review by Kathleen Zien @ 2:42:30 PM EST, 10/28/2004

5 stars  —  This album was totally unrealistic, yet remarkably solid. As a person who has been through an Alien Abduction, I can attest that the Aliens in the songs were right on par. I relived the experience stereophonically. Real aliens make you drink mind bacteria that takes over your brain. This album will take over your brain. I think the singer was appropriate, but the composition of the album was what was amazing. Kathleen Zien Ohio

I'm not quite sure what to make of this one ...
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 00:06
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

ZAUBER Aliens

5 stars  —  This album was totally unrealistic, yet remarkably solid. As a person who has been through an Alien Abduction, I can attest that the Aliens in the songs were right on par. I relived the experience stereophonically. Real aliens make you drink mind bacteria that takes over your brain. This album will take over your brain. I think the singer was appropriate, but the composition of the album was what was amazing. Kathleen Zien Ohio

Wow... Wow... Wow... I am speechless.

What a nut.

Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 00:13
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

ZAUBER Aliens

now THAT is awesome.  5/5

MtGoTenalp View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 15:55
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD. asp?cd_id=7515

The album hasn't been released yet. I hasnt even been leaked yet (all the copys on the internet are acctually Jame LaBries solo album).

So there obviously fake.
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 09:30

I am not a DREAM THEATER fan, but noticed this review on the Home Page a few days ago and it made me chuckle. Presumably he's been taking lessons from Reed Lover

DREAM THEATER Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Review by Malkishuah @ 11:54:01 AM EST, 4/17/2005

5 stars  —  This is indeed one of Dream Theaters greatest albums. I will reffer an anlysis later on maybe, but for now i would like to point out the amazing unconcidential connection between Dream's best albums.. Well at first notice the connection between the music in Images and Words and the Storyline and Music in Scenes From a Memory, later on the realation between the Metropolis from Awake and the beats and Music in Hone from Scenes... if you get in it for real it's truely amazing whats going on there. And last, notice the incredible corolation and similarity between the end of Scenes, and i quote:"nan nan ana 'wake up Nicholas'.. -'ahhhh' - chrshhshshshshshshshsshshshshsshhshshshshshsshsh...", and the begining of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, in Glass Prison, and I quote:"...shhhschshcshschschshschschchsshchhcsc dong... shdshhdshshhchschsch dong....." and so on. is it not incredibley funky? i mean shat.

Ben2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 14:39
Originally posted by Fitzcarraldo Fitzcarraldo wrote:

I am not a DREAM THEATER fan, but noticed this review on the Home Page a few days ago and it made me chuckle. Presumably he's been taking lessons from Reed Lover

<SPAN =cls_DiscoText>DREAM THEATER Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence Review by Malkishuah @ 11:54:01 AM EST, 4/17/2005

<DIV id=intelliTxt align=justify>  —  This is indeed one of Dream Theaters greatest albums. I will reffer an anlysis later on maybe, but for now i would like to point out the amazing unconcidential connection between Dream's best albums.. Well at first notice the connection between the music in Images and Words and the Storyline and Music in Scenes From a Memory, later on the realation between the Metropolis from Awake and the beats and Music in Hone from Scenes... if you get in it for real it's truely amazing whats going on there. And last, notice the incredible corolation and similarity between the end of Scenes, and i quote:"nan nan ana 'wake up Nicholas'.. -'ahhhh' - chrshhshshshshshshshsshshshshsshhshshshshshsshsh...", and the begining of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, in Glass Prison, and I quote:"...shhhschshcshschschshschschchsshchhcsc dong... shdshhdshshhchschsch dong....." and so on. is it not incredibley funky? i mean shat.
<DIV align=justify> </SPAN>

Not sure why, but that made me roll laughing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 141>