Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New album additions by PA members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2022 at 16:11
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 07:16
^ Another option is do to a montage with 2 photos from different line-ups.

Look at the Jethro Tull page for example.
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 05:56
^... or maybe leave the old photo for history sake and add another newer one...this is meant to be an "archive" after all, am I wrong ?
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 11:01
^ I also changed the band's pic BTW, as the previous one was very antiquated (most of the people featured on it don't play in the band anymore).
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 10:39
These two today:

0.00 | 0 ratings Pieśni pół/nocy
0.00 | 0 ratings Wendzki sznyt

Charles Bukowski
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 12:10
Originally posted by Dark Ness Dark Ness wrote:

Please, decide ...

https://dyblelongdon.bandcamp.com/album/between-a-breath-and-a-breath

Well, this is a neat idea! I'm surprised it wasn't there. I've just added it on the Judy Dyble page, along with the 2 last singles:

Thank you very much! Smile
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 12:08
I added these two missing albums in recent days:

Edited by Tuzvihar - January 04 2022 at 12:08

Charles Bukowski
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 10:50
Please, decide ...

https://dyblelongdon.bandcamp.com/album/between-a-breath-and-a-breath

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2021 at 21:33
^ Thanks, done.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2021 at 10:46
I added a V.A. compilation "Prog Rock and Beyond": VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Prog Rock and Beyond reviews (progarchives.com)
Otherwise it's OK, but I somehow messed up with the album cover and couldn't fix it.

This is the picture    ;)   EDIT: Oops, this is not a perfect one because of the arrow at the bottom, but better ones are easy to google.

Edited by Matti - August 11 2021 at 10:49
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2021 at 17:14
^ Thanks, Julien, I didn't notice it because of different cover (I'll change it).

Will edit my previous post.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2021 at 13:33
^ ... but, it's already there! Wink

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2021 at 13:24
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

1 - Why doesn't Chick Corea have his own listing, (only his Elektric band is listed) he's clearly Jazz/Fusion.

Chick Corea is not included on PA as solo artist, only two of his bands/projects are here - Chick Corea Elektric Band and Return to Forever.
It's not allowed to add Chick Corea's solo albums and his other projects. At least untill they will be added on PA.

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

2 - When artists like these (see link) release albums together, would it make sense to have the listing on both profiles?
I know that makes more work and there is the 'duplication' issue.

It was discussed long ago, the decision was: no duplications!
If two (or more) artists are on PA such albums go to discography of the artist, listed first on the cover.

In case of mentioned album,  it's already in Hiromi Ueahara discography, as Duet (with Chick Corea).
(Thanks to my teammate for letting me know).

Edited by NotAProghead - July 27 2021 at 17:19
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2021 at 05:39
Curious about two things:
1 - Why doesn't Chick Corea have his own listing, (only his Elektric band is listed) he's clearly Jazz/Fusion.
2 - When artists like these (see link) release albums together, would it make sense to have the listing on both profiles?
I know that makes more work and there is the 'duplication' issue.

Oh, and I wasn't sure if this was the correct forum for such questions.

Edited by JD - July 27 2021 at 05:39
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2021 at 08:07
^ I think the best way is to add the album like you usually do. Then, if something goes wrong with special characters, you (or I) can use the admin panel to correct errors.

Or even better: you can add the album using the admin panel.

Want to try? Smile
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2021 at 07:22
How does one possibly add albums in a foreign script? It appears that many common languages are simply transliterated into English spelling but what about languages like Coptic?

For example, this Current 93 album is missing from the queue and both artist and album title are in Coptic.

Ⲁⲛⲟⲕ Ⲟⲩϫⲟⲓ Ⲉϥⲕⲏⲙ Ⲡⲉ < aria-label="album shortcut" ="album_shortcut" readonly="readonly" value="Album601830">
ArtistⲠϣⲟⲩⲟ Ⲛⲙⲉϩϥ̅ⲅ̅
TypeAlbum
ReleasedMay 2006

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 21:57
^ Lol! Thanks Greg! Smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 21:52
That Billy Boy entry has been Billy Abolished.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 21:36
^ Lol! I haven't added any wax cylinders, but I have accidentally added 'Billy Boy' again.  The 'submittitle' page had been open in my browser for a few hours, and when I clicked the "Add more albums from this band now" so that I could add the 'Old King Coal' cassette release, the page said that it needed to be refreshed before I was able to proceed further. I did this, and duly added the 'Old King Coal' release, but when I checked to see that the addition had gone okay, I was horrified to find that another entry for 'Billy Boy' had appeared there as well. Ouch When I refreshed the page it must have re-sent the info I had typed in for the previous addition I'd made. It seems I'm not very good at this album addition lark lol! Every one I've done so far has gone wrong in some way or other!

So I'm very sorry for duplicating 'Billy Boy', and could you please ask admins to delete it? Embarrassed

I'll attempt the last two Grace releases tomorrow.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 20:42
^ Yes, we're lizard kings, we can add everything, including wax cylinders. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>