Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 08:44
when is Big smile new album out. anyone now. so Cry no flower kings music today. Geekfreak is needing a Headbangerto pearl jam. so i`ll have to Bowdown to flower kings later. 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 08:56
The ad at the top of the page says October 29th.
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 11:11
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 13:28
What's up all, thought I'd bop in and say hello.

I'm looking forward to the new album, though I've strangely not been listing to a lot of music as of late, weird.  I think I'm just going through a lull.

Hope all is well,

Tom
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 13:45
I think the flower kings is one of the best bands from Sweden, and I am really looking forward to the new album.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 14:13
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

I will wait for it to be released - then go onto amazon - I think i'll get if for about 12-13 squid. pre-prdering seems to be a bit of a money spinner since CD's seem to have a 25% premium added to the pre-order. I understand fans wanting to have it ASAP...thats why the price hike happens.....

I'm getting it from Greg Walker after it comes out.  His prices are always decent and I like to help out a strictly prog merchant every chance I get (Greg is responsible in many ways for the prog revival of the 90's as well......released some albums on his label, started the first US prog festival, etc.).
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 16:42
I'm not sure if I'll get a hard copy this time around.  I'm toying with the idea of going all digital.  I know that probably raises some eyebrows, but I'm kind of on this minimalist kick.  I've severely cut back CDs for the last several years.  Everything is on my hard drive if I really want to listen, but I never do.  I've actually been a bit disappointed with prog product recently.  For example, AoM CDs have cool pictures, but when you see the actual CD cover, they look a bit cheap-ass.  BoE looked good, but SR and UtF definitely look better on screen than on the CD case.  I'll be curious to see how the vinyl reissues look.
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 11:50
Huh, I thought the UTF package was outstanding.  TFK artwork has never really been stellar, since Roine did all of it up to, and including SR, probably with Photo Shop (though he actually painted the first two covers, and a different guy painted the Retropolis cover, which was my favorite FK cover before Banks).  The AoM covers are just okay, nothing special, so I guess I see what you mean there.  I still gotta have the packaging, even when I know it's totally unnecessary. 
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 11:53

Progressive-rock super-group Transatlantic, featuring Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas will release their brand new fourth studio album ‘Kaleidoscope’ on the 27th January 2014. The track-listing for the forthcoming record is as follows:

1. INTO THE BLUE
2. SHINE
3. BLACK AS THE SKY
4. BEYOND THE SUN
5. KALEIDOSCOPE

The band will also embark on a 6-week World Tour that will see them joined once again by Pain of Salvation’s Daniel Gildenlöw as a 5th touring member.

An Evening With Transatlantic 2014 World Tour:
Jan 31st - Los Angeles, CA - El Segundo Performing Arts Center
Feb 1st - San Francisco, CA
Feb 2nd - Seattle, WA
Feb 4th - Chicago, IL - The Arcada Theater
Feb 5th - Quebec City, Canada - Theatre Du Capitole
Feb 6th - Montreal, Canada - L'Olympia
Feb 8th - Philadelphia, PA - Keswick Theater
Feb 9th - New York City, NY - Highline Ballroom
Feb 11th - Mexico City, Mexico - Teatro Metropolitan
Feb 13th - São Paulo, Brazil
Feb 14th - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Feb 15th - Santiago, Chile
Feb 18th to 22nd - Progressive Nation At Sea
Feb 27th - Madrid, Spain - La Rivera
Feb 28th - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 2
March 2nd - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
March 3rd - Rome, Italy - Orion
March 5th - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
March 6th - Karlsruhe, Germany - Substage
March 7th - Munich, Germany - Muffathalle
March 8th - Berlin, Germany - Astra
March 9th - Cologne, Germany - E Werk
March 11th - Antwerp, Belgium - Trix
March 12th - London, England - The Forum
March 13th - Tilburg, Holland - 013
March 14th - Tilburg, Holland - 013
March 15th - Paris, France - Le Bataclan
June 4th-7th - Sweden Rock Festival

AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 13:32
Nice cover.

I read that 2 of those tracks will be Epics and the other 3 "normal length."

Pity there's only one UK gig, and it's in London which isn't easy to get back from if you live further north Cry
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 13:59
Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

I'm not sure if I'll get a hard copy this time around.  I'm toying with the idea of going all digital.  I know that probably raises some eyebrows, but I'm kind of on this minimalist kick.  I've severely cut back CDs for the last several years.  Everything is on my hard drive if I really want to listen, but I never do.  I've actually been a bit disappointed with prog product recently.  For example, AoM CDs have cool pictures, but when you see the actual CD cover, they look a bit cheap-ass.  BoE looked good, but SR and UtF definitely look better on screen than on the CD case.  I'll be curious to see how the vinyl reissues look.
Are you sure you want to do that - Having the CD is a MUST for me - I am a bit funny - can't read a book unless I own it - can't listen to a CD properly unless I own it - and can gloat over the crystal-case in my possession - MY PRECIOUS.....Sure I'll sample listen to stuff on MP3 - but I just have to own it to enjoy it properly...I still have all my old vinyl just can't seem to part with it....Mind u I am a hoarder - all my stuff is in the loft....One of these days I'll be in the news - Swinton man killed by his hoarded possessions when the roof caved in under the weight...LOL
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 16:44
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Huh, I thought the UTF package was outstanding.  TFK artwork has never really been stellar, since Roine did all of it up to, and including SR, probably with Photo Shop (though he actually painted the first two covers, and a different guy painted the Retropolis cover, which was my favorite FK cover before Banks).  The AoM covers are just okay, nothing special, so I guess I see what you mean there.  I still gotta have the packaging, even when I know it's totally unnecessary. 

Yeah, i don't know what it is about those covers.  In catalogs and stuff back then, UtF looked so amazing, then when I got it, I was just taken aback as to how minimalist it was.  It's just kind of an optical illusion as the picture really needs a bigger picture.  Maybe the CD size just doesn't do it justice.  The first two AoM had really cool pictures, but the packaging was just a step below TFK...probably because it was all Roine again.

As far as physical product goes, yes, I do like the liner notes and packaging too.  So I'm up in the air.  
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 16:50
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

Are you sure you want to do that - Having the CD is a MUST for me - I am a bit funny - can't read a book unless I own it - can't listen to a CD properly unless I own it - and can gloat over the crystal-case in my possession - MY PRECIOUS.....Sure I'll sample listen to stuff on MP3 - but I just have to own it to enjoy it properly...I still have all my old vinyl just can't seem to part with it....Mind u I am a hoarder - all my stuff is in the loft....One of these days I'll be in the news - Swinton man killed by his hoarded possessions when the roof caved in under the weight...LOL

Well, I see where you're coming from.  I too tend to better enjoy music when I own it.  Think is, I'm tired of getting burned...buying a disc I assume I will totally get into only to not really like it and have it sitting on a shelf.  I'm just going to have to be more selective.

Regarding TA4, looks very cool.  Love the cover.  I assume the title track is an epic.  As far as the tour goes, I really don't get the logic of how these guys get booked.  I can see playing both coasts and the big Euro markets, but they never ever play areas where they could be building an audience.  Illinois?  Whatever.  I've given up on ever seeing TFK or TA live.  With my luck, the only think I'll ever get to see is some goofy Nad Sylvan theater troupe in my city.
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 16:55
Sorry for all the posts.  Here's a link to the video for the song Desolation Road.

http://www.progrockmag.com/video/the-flower-kings-premiere-desolation-road/
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2013 at 15:50
I shall be a patient chap. I reckon that the CD's drop in price as soon as the pre-order phase is completed. The Ayreon is £22 pounds to pre-order - that's a lot of monies for a CD I reckon. So I shall wait.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 09:16
LOLi`ve preordered the new album. its 2lps and cd i`ve ordered. 28/10/13. oh oneTongue very Big smile geekfreak. also there is the new transatlantic album to be released on 27/01/14 tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!.CoolStarClapLOLCoolShockedClapClapClapClapClapClapClap but no Cry only LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL are you with me.StarCoolClapLOLLOL
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 09:30
geekfreak......I'm expecting the new album in the next week or so (along with the new Nemo and the new Opium Cartel albums).  I did not pre-order, as the conversion rate of Euro's to US dollars is not very favorable these days.  So I'm waiting for Greg Walker to get his shipment from Roine, then he will send it on to me.  It's going to be a lot cheaper for me that way (about 2/3 the cost of pre-ordering).  I am very much looking forward to hearing it though, and will be getting the new Transatlantic when it comes out as well.  Lots of great music coming around soon!  Thumbs UpClapCool
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 15:21
LIstening to Silent Masses on Planet Rock radio as I type (its bloody good!). Roine Stolt is going to be guest of Darren Redick in the next few weeks so look out for that. The show is broadcast in the UK on Thursdays between 9 and 10 pm.

Edited by richardh - October 24 2013 at 15:21
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 20:10
RE OP:  Sorry, I just can't get there! Still too neo and derivative for me.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 08:12
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

RE OP:  Sorry, I just can't get there! Still too neo and derivative for me.

So why post here then???  SleepyWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 486>