Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD (album) cover

TRAIN OF THOUGHT

Dream Theater

asimplemistake
2 stars Not a bad album, just nothing great. A few of the songs I just never liked, and others grew old quickly. This album is heavy for Dream Theater, and was written in a short period of time. The fact that it was written in a short time shows with the extremely repetitive "Steam of Consciousness".

Theres not too much emotion to this album, almost none really. The songs I liked (past tense) most were the very heavy ones such as "Honor thy Father", but it sometimes feels just like pointless aggression. It's not my ideal for a metal album. I'd prefer something that has substance and emotion.

On the plus side, there is some great guitar playing and drumming especially, if that is what you are looking for. It is hard to argue that these guys don't know how to play their instruments well.

This album is mainly only a great for the fans, but it can also serve as a way to get a metalhead to listen to something that can be called progressive, but it's not really for a listener of progressive music. 2 stars.

asimplemistake | 2/5 |