Haken - Affinity CD (album) cover

AFFINITY

Haken

marcobrusa
2 stars *EDIT* Due to a reply i just red, i have to mention i am aware that the computer concept must be present in the sound of the music. It's just that i don't dig it. For me it's first the emotions, then the logic. This was my old review:

"I am sorry but with all due respect this album is cold. I cannot remember one single moment. I applaude the production effort and musicmanship but (i am sorry) the music seems completely uninspired. Maybe i am a grumpy cynical person but honestly the mix makes everything sound robotic as if it was made by a computer. Is it the excessive use of dynamic processors and effects the cause maybe? What's wrong people? Will i be the only one that notices this? First two albums at least were a treat for DT-like prog metal enthusiasts. This is boring. 2- stars. Level up your emotions."

This is my new review:

"I do not like the concept of the album, neither the sound. The compositions do not touch me emotionally. Perfect performances though."

marcobrusa | 2/5 |