Riversea - The Tide CD (album) cover

THE TIDE

Riversea

javajeff
5 stars If you are looking for a new Nine Stones Close album, you may need to wait for that. However, you have come to the right place to hear a familiar voice. I sampled this album a week ago, and got drawn in to the high production value and the highly addictive atmospheric rock. I was wondering where I heard the vocals before, until one of the tracks came on with a very familiar phrasing. That is where I pieced it together, along with some research, that this was another project for Marc Atkinson. He has a stellar voice that fits the more mellow tempo of this project perfectly. I bought both albums at the same time, and I think The Tide is up a slight notch over the predecessor Out Of An Ancient World, but both are excellent and I listen to them at the same time in a long playlist. Tracks like Blasphemy and Uprising are absolutely stunning standouts for me, but there are no filler tracks here. The album flows like a piece of heaven, so get on your cloud and relax. The vibe is very similar to the Hogarth era Marillion albums for those new to the band. This is a well crafted, well executed, and well written release of modern progressive rock. 4.5 stars and highly recommended.
javajeff | 5/5 |