Frequency Drift - Letters To Maro CD (album) cover

LETTERS TO MARO

Frequency Drift

javajeff
4 stars I just got my CD in the mail today, and I must say this is another excellent release from Frequency Drift. I would first like to mention that Irini Alexia is the new vocalist for the band. All of the women that have fronted Frequency Drift had excellent voices with unique phrasings and abilities. Irini has added some personality to the vocal arrangements, along with her excellent voice, to make Letters To Maro a unique experience from past offerings. There are times when you feel like you are listening to a Broadway play, where the performance ropes you into the storytelling. I have been a fan for some time now, mostly because of the way that Andreas Hack is able to create very moving compositions that have subtle textures to keep it interesting. While this is not an album with the epic scale of Ghost, it still has songs with many layers and progressions. Of course Nerissa Schwarz ads another dimension with her abilities on harp, and that may be what sets Frequency Drift apart from other bands. I always consider a Frequency Drift release to be an adventure, because it takes several listens to fully appreciate the complex arrangements. Electricity is an excellent first single on the album, but it is best listened to in it's entirety. I also love the stellar album cover. This is a highly recommended release. 4.5 stars.
javajeff | 4/5 |