THE BEST OF MARILLION

Marillion The Best of Marillion  album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Kayleigh (3:34)
2. Market Square heroes (from "B' sides themselves") (3:59)
3. Freaks (single) (4:04)
4. Garden party ('92remix) (7:10)
5. Warm wet circles (single) (4:25)
6. Fugazi (8:02)
7. Heart of Lothian (6:06)
8. Assassing (7:03)
9. Incommunicado (5:17)
10. Lavender (3:41)
11. That time of the night (5:58)
12. Punch and Judy (3:18)
13. Sugar mice (5:17)
14. Chelsea Monday (8:17)

- Fish / vocals

CD Russia: CDK-3356-41

Buy MARILLION The Best of Marillion Music

Best of: MarillionBest of: Marillion
EMI Europe Generic 2003

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MARILLION The Best of Marillion ratings distribution

MARILLION The Best of Marillion reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars To release a genuine Marillion compilation in 1996 is, IMHHO (in my humble and HONEST opinion) really out of sync and can only be justified by the fact that Mark II has never been able to satisfy the hords of fans that were following Fish and his mates during the glorious days of the band (how much I missed those ones...).

Most of the compilations in rock music are not always top notch and this one suffer in a way of the same diseases (regarding the quality of the material available). Their absolute masterpiece was their debut album (which was more symph than neo, as far as I am concerned). It is only represented by two songs ("Garden Party" and "Chelsea Monday"). In terms of "Best Of", it was not an easy album to select from : each track was excellent. I guess that "Party" made it because of its commercial flavour and its very funny video clip. "The Script" was probably more appropriate. Anyway this slightly different version is a very good number, so let's not complain too much.

Still, another complain of mine : the track presentation. Absolutely no logic in here. Starting with "Kayleigh" and ending with "Chelsea Monday"...

Each song featured on this compilation is very good to excellent but a great song as "White Russian" (from "Clutching") should have been integrated here as well.

For the ones of you who would like to discover the most commercial side of the genuine Marillion, I can only strongly recommend this compilation. I would have rated even higher if the considerations I have mentioned would have been taken into account. Four stars.

5 stars This CD has a great range of the Fish era Marillion songs and I would highly recommend it to any new listners to Marillion. I found that the best songs on this album were 'Warm Wet Circles' and 'Assassing', also I rate 'Fugazi' highly due to its excellent musical qualities and poetic lyrics. ... (read more)

Report this review (#12349) | Posted by | Thursday, December 18, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "The Best of Marillion "