GREATEST HITS

1990 LP MCA 6008
1998 CD MCA International 6008
CS MCA MCAC2-6008
1997 CD MCA 6008

Thanks to zafreth for the addition

Buy STEELY DAN Greatest Hits Music

Very Best ofVery Best of
Universal Uk 2009
$5.62
Steely Dan - Greatest HitsSteely Dan - Greatest Hits
McA Int'L 1993
$13.40
Steely Dan - Greatest Hits (1972-1978) - ABC Records - 300 170-406Steely Dan - Greatest Hits (1972-1978) - ABC Records - 300 170-406
ABC Records
Best Of: Then & NowBest Of: Then & Now
Remastered
Mca Int'l 2000
$7.29
Steely Dan - Best of Green Flower Street - Classic 1993 Radio Broadcast September 1 1993 - LP [VINYL]Steely Dan - Best of Green Flower Street - Classic 1993 Radio Broadcast September 1 1993 - LP [VINYL]
Remastered
Cult Legends 2018
$23.48
Reelin' in the Years: The Very Best of Steely DanReelin' in the Years: The Very Best of Steely Dan
Mca UK 1996
$59.00
Do it again-The very best ofDo it again-The very best of
TELSTAR
Radio Vaults - Best Of Steely Dan Broadcasting LiveRadio Vaults - Best Of Steely Dan Broadcasting Live
ANGLO ATLANTIC 2017
$13.83
A Decade Of Steely Dan - The Best OfA Decade Of Steely Dan - The Best Of
McA
$5.53
Greatest Hits Live On Air ( Yellow Vinyl)Greatest Hits Live On Air ( Yellow Vinyl)
Lasgo Chrysalis LTD 2017
$99.98

More places to buy STEELY DAN music online Buy STEELY DAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

STEELY DAN Greatest Hits ratings distribution

STEELY DAN Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Seyo
4 stars This collection was my induction to the wonderful world of STEELY DAN, so it has a personal value for me. I bought it in the format of double cassette tape, which was issued locally by Beograd Disk label in Yugoslavia in early 1980s through license catalog of ABC Records. The songs that caught my attention immediately were "Do It Again", "Reeling in the Years", "Show Biz Kids" (although I was too young to appreciate it back then), "Doctor Wu", "Haitian Divorce" (amazing wah-wah guitar solo), "The Fez" and "Peg". It is quite representative compilation of first six albums, up to and including "Aja", although many excellent songs were omitted. This is focused more on the shorter, radio-friendly side of the SD so the title "Greatest Hits" seems appropriate in this case. Today the first-time listeners have more and better choice in selecting a proper compilation CD to get a feeling of the SD music, but this old collection was also important for me because it forced me to buy studio albums later on. I will give 4 stars for historical importance of this first official compilation!

PERSONAL RATING: 4/5

P.A. RATING: 4/5

Review by Chris S
3 stars At the time of this release, being a double album it was a great avenue of getting all the hits from the SD catalogue. Good for BBQ groovin, beer swirlin Saturday afternoon fall down sessions! This was a common spin on the turntables in the early 80's. Aside from that there is not much else to add other than one gem Here At The Western World, previously unreleased on studio releases. This compilation includes songs up to Aja. A very complete double album excepting if they had waited one year they could have added Gaucho tracks as well before their long hibernation from further studio work for a long long time.

3 stars This CD makes a good introduction to the versitile music of Becker/Fagan/Steely Dan. I remember I bought this back in the day, before I was a fan of the band. It is a combination of their earlier work such as "Do it Again" up to later songs like "Peg" and "Josie". Like all greatest hit complia ... (read more)

Report this review (#438978) | Posted by mohaveman | Monday, April 25, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STEELY DAN "Greatest Hits"