Ансамбль RAINBOW

Rainbow Ансамбль Rainbow album cover

Buy RAINBOW Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

Side 1
1. Man on the Silver Mountain (4:40)
2. Still I'm Sad (3:54)
3. Long Live Rock & Roll (4:25)
4. All Night Long (3:49)
5. Stone Cold (5:15)

Side 2
6. If You Don't Like Rock'n'Roll (2:36)
7. Stargazer (8:28)
8. Freedom Fighter (4:20)
9. I Surrender (4:01)

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars

Different RAINBOW line-ups 1975 - 1982

LP Melodiya C60 27023 005, under license by Polydor (1988)
Released only in the USSR

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy RAINBOW Ансамбль Rainbow Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Since You Been Gone: The Essential RainbowSince You Been Gone: The Essential Rainbow
Universal 2017
$4.63
Very Best of RainbowVery Best of Rainbow
Remastered
Polydor 1997
$5.17
Rising (remastered)Rising (remastered)
$6.03
Down To Earth (Remastered)Down To Earth (Remastered)
$5.32
On Stage (remastered)On Stage (remastered)
$5.66
Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
$5.31
Rainbow RisingRainbow Rising
Polydor 2015
$20.36

More places to buy RAINBOW music online Buy RAINBOW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RAINBOW Ансамбль Rainbow ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

RAINBOW Ансамбль Rainbow reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
3 stars Good gift for Soviet listeners in 1988

I remember the time when this LP has been released. Iron curtain already fell, but imported LPs were too expensive for the majority of rock fans in the USSR. Yes, we had different quality tape records of original RAINBOW albums, but only few of us owned LPs. CDs and CD players were for many an impermissible luxury as well. For me this LP released by ''Melodiya'' label was a good possibility to listen to some band's songs in best possible quality. Additionally back cover had a good article in Russian about RAINBOW history.

It is a pretty good compilation, containing masterpieces like ''Stargazer'' and ''Still I'm Sad'' and some hits from all 1975-82 albums. No rarities here, publisher's aim was to present some most popular RAINBOW songs. You don't need to search for this LP now (unless you're a collector), but at the time of release it was a great addition to my (and I hope not only my) rock collection.

Post a review of RAINBOW "Ансамбль Rainbow"