SEEDS ON THE GROUND

Cold Fairyland

Cold Fairyland Seeds on the Ground album cover

Buy COLD FAIRYLAND Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Seeds on the Ground (4:16)
2. Shadow Play (3:33)
3. Five Travellers (4:29)
4. Puzzle (4:10)
5. Solemnly Silent Circle (3:28)
6. The Moon at the Fortified Pass (4:00)
7. Reawakening (4:15)
8. Riding on a Cloud (5:16)
9. Forest Dance (4:47)
10. Icy Castle (3:58)
11. Ghost Town Nightmare (6:20)

- Lin Di / vocals, keyboards, pipa, ruan
- Su Yong / bass, vocals
- Zhou Shengan / cello, vocals
- Li Jia / drums, vocals
- Song Jian Feng / guitars, vocals

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

Buy COLD FAIRYLAND Seeds on the Ground Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Live 2005Live 2005
CD Baby 2007
Cold Fairyland 2008 Finland TourCold Fairyland 2008 Finland Tour
CD Baby 2012
$21.25

More places to buy COLD FAIRYLAND music online Buy COLD FAIRYLAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

COLD FAIRYLAND Seeds on the Ground ratings distribution

COLD FAIRYLAND Seeds on the Ground reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars China hasn't been the home to many well known progressive rock artists so far, for many reasons. Different cultural traditions, as well as a society that was pretty closed to the outside world for many years, means that I'm not even sure if rock music as such is popular there. Enter Cold Fairyland, a Chinese band proudly announcing themselves to be a progressive rock act, with a handful of releases to their name.

"Seeds on the Ground" is a release somewhat similar in style to Norwegian act Green Carnation and their album "The Acoustic Verses". The songs are all dominated by acoustic or acoustic sounding instruments, the bass provides a basic melody line, the guitars adds a slightly more complicated melody line harmonizing with the bass. Unlike aforementioned Green Carnation release vocals aren't a central element here though, instead violins and the traditional Chinese instruments Pipa and Ruan shares the dominating spot on these tunes, both of them adding a distinct folk-inspired and Chinese expression to compositions predominantly rock in style - although mellow in expression.

Good songs too, a few outstanding and the rest very good. Fans of mellow, progressive rock with influences from traditional Chinese music - or those who find this description interesting - have a release to check out here.

3 stars COLD FAIRYLAND is a band I became acquanted with on MySpace last year, and at the time I was shocked that there was a band in China that played progressive music. It was good too, at least the songs I heard. I was very glad to see them added here by Windhawk. 8 of the 11 tracks here are instrumental, and the vocals on the other three are female, and in her native language.

This album is very much an acoustic one with guitar, cello, percussion and pipa leading the way.The pipa almost sounds like a banjo to my ears but when you hear it you think China.This instrument is way to dominant for my tastes and besides i'm not really a fan of acoustic albums anyway.

I like the press release for this album that describes it as: "It's countryside is cruel and beautiful, filled with legend, rivers and forests, ghost towns and battlefields." It is an album you can get lost in with the pipa and cello dominating the soundscapes.

I think this album is more Folk then Neo-Prog, and if your into Folk you should check it out, it's quite beautiful. It's just not my style.

Post a review of COLD FAIRYLAND "Seeds on the Ground"