CAN ANTHOLOGY

Can Can Anthology album cover

Buy CAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

Disc 1: (75:11)
1. Father Cannot Yell (7:05)
2. Soup (3:03)
3. Mother Sky (6:41)
4. She Brings The Rain (4:07)
5. Mushroom (4:31)
6. One More Night (5:37)
7. Outside My Door (4:11)
8. Spoon (3:09)
9. Halleluwah (5:39)
10. Aumgn (7:18)
11. Dizzy Dizzy (3:30)
12. Yoo Doo Right (20:20)

Disc 2: (74:20)
11. I Want More (3:30)
12. Animal Waves (8:09)
13. Don't Say No (6:35)
14. Aspectacle (3:06)
15. Below This Level (3:13)
16. Hoolah Hoolah (3:31)
17. Last Night Sleep (3:35)

- Holger Czucay / bass, vocal all titles except Disc 2: 17 and Disc 1: 11, 13
- Micheal Karoli / guitar all titles, violins Disc 1: 11, Disc 2: 7,10,12, vocal Disc 1: 11 Disc 2: 7,10,11,13,15,16,17
- Jaki Liebezeit / drums, vocal all titles Disc 1: 11,13
- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, vocal all titles, Disc 1: 10, Disc 2: 11,13
- Damo Suzuki / vocal Disc 1: 2,3,5,6,7,9,10, Disc 2: 3,5,6,8,9
- Malcolm Mooney / vocal Disc 1: 1,4,7,12, Disc 2: 1,2,15,16,17
- Rosko Gee / bass, vocal Disc 2: 12,14 Disc 2: 13
- Reebop Kwaku Baah / percussion, vocal Disc 1: 12,13

CD-Spoon records

and to frenchie for the last updates

Buy CAN Can Anthology Music

Anthology by CAN (2012-04-03)Anthology by CAN (2012-04-03)
Imports
$39.89
Anthology: 25 Years by Can (1998-05-19)Anthology: 25 Years by Can (1998-05-19)
Mute U.S.

Edgar Winter Anthology on Sony, Frankenstein, Free Ride, I Can't Turn You Loose USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Edward R Murrow I Can Hear it Now Vol 2 45-49 LP 12" Columbia ML 4261 Vinyl Reco USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Can-Anthology (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $9.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Can-Anthology (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.40 Buy It Now 2 days
RADIO SHOW: AFN RL5-8 JOHNNY MANN "WE CAN FLY", ANITA BRYANT, BERT KAEMPFERT USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
House of Lords Anthology CD I Wanna Be Loved Can't Find My Way Home Rock N Roll USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Anthology - Can CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping! USD $17.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Can - Anthology (NEW CD) USD $10.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Gabrielle - Dreams Can Come True (Greatest Hits, Vol. 1) (CD 2001) USD $1.24 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles SINK IN THE CAN 1CD(PRESS DISC) F/S USD $21.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Can - Anthology NEW CD USD $8.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Can - Anthology [Remastered] [CD] USD $10.27 Buy It Now 4 days
Bon Jovi - 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong CD+DVD Box Set 2004 N/Mint USD $34.23 Buy It Now 5 days
CAN Anthology HD-audio BD 13 SACD on 1 Blu-Ray Disc (Schmidt, Czukay, KrautRock) USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
RESTLESS BREED-No Walls Can Hold:The Demo Anthology Sanctuary, Flotsam USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CAN - Can Anthology BOX 17 x 180 Gr Vinyl LP BOX SET SEALED 4015887000315 SEALED USD $999.00 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS CD WE CAN'T DANCE VG 1991 COLLINS RUTHERFORD BANKS GENCD3 USD $3.75 Buy It Now 6 days
2xCD: CAN "Anthology 1968-1993" Holger Czukay, Jaki Leibezeit, Irmin Schmidt USD $19.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Can Anthology CD 25 Years Very good preowned USD $7.98 Buy It Now 7 days
RADIO SHOW: AFN RL26-2 LYNN ANDERSON "HOW CAN I UNLOVE YOU"; RAY PRICE "WELCOME" USD $21.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Can - Anthology 25 Years (CD 1994) compilation DBL CD KRAUTASTIC USD $6.27 [0 bids]
=DEATH MILITIA You Can't Kill What's (CD 2006 Evil Legend) NEW SEALED ELRCD001-2 USD $106.39 Buy It Now 8 days
A Passage in Time [BEST OF+2] by Dead Can Dance BRaND NEW/Sealed! (CD, 1991, 4AD USD $17.90 Buy It Now 8 days
CAN - Anthology (2cd) - 2 CD - Original Recording Remastered - *Mint Condition* USD $40.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Prince Alla Only Love Can Conquer 1976 - 1979 CD Blood And Fire Out Of Print USD $13.49 Buy It Now 10 days
BIG CHARLEY & THE DOMANS Can't Even Enjoy My Home vinyl 7" NEW unreleased R&B USD $12.56 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE/CAN YOU HEAR ME?-YOUNG AMERICANS 1975 [2CD+DVD] *F/S USD $44.00 Buy It Now 11 days
CANADA SEALED MINT 1980 CLASSICAL BOX SET 10 LP HARRY SOMERS : ANTHOLOGY OF CAN USD $37.31 Buy It Now 11 days
RADIO SHOW: AFN RL-36-2 DON HENLEY 'CAN'T STAND STILL' & MICHAEL McDONALD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SEALED Beale Street Sheiks/Chicken You Can Roost Hind The Moon LP Italy RE Blues USD $23.99 Buy It Now 12 days
V/A How Low Can You Go-Anthology Of The String Bass 3 CD NEW sealed USD $37.69 Buy It Now 12 days
CAN 2 CD SPOON 30/31 Anthology CD (2003) MINT/EX- USD $8.78 Buy It Now 12 days
Can - Anthology - Double CD - New USD $16.65 Buy It Now 15 days
THOMAS & TAYLOR - An Anthology - You Can't Blame Love - 2 CD - Import - **NEW** USD $90.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Can - Anthology [Remastered] [CD] USD $10.62 Buy It Now 15 days
Gabrielle - Dreams Can Come True (Greatest Hits, Vol. 1, 2001). CD Album USD $1.88 Buy It Now 16 days
Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down LP Vinyl Record 6059ML Motown USA 1983 USD $17.95 Buy It Now 16 days
JAMES BROWN "CAN YOUR HEART STAND IT !!" 1981 VG++ OUT OF PRINT CASSETTE COMP. USD $5.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Can ,Anthology CD,Very good,preowned, 25 years USD $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Jack Bruce - Can you follow, 6 cd Deluxe Anthology. USD $329.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Various Artists - How Low Can You Go: Anthology of the String / Various [New CD] USD $33.06 Buy It Now 18 days
How Low Can You Go: Anthology of the String Bass (1925-1941), New USD $33.07 Buy It Now 18 days
Can-Anthology 1968-1993 CD CD Very Good USD $27.17 Buy It Now 18 days
GROVER WASHINGTON JR CD "ANTHOLOGY OF" 1985 GERMAN ELEKTRA BEST CAN YOU DIG IT + USD $20.08 Buy It Now 19 days
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO: ANTHOLOGY OF STRING BASS (1925-1941) - V/A - 3 CD - BOX MINT USD $32.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Diana Ross & The Supremes "Anthology" 3 LP Set 35 Hits "You Can't Hurry Love" NM USD $19.77 Buy It Now 21 days
EELST Yes We Can't 2017 2xCD album anthology NEW/SEALED ELIO E LE STORIE TESE USD $12.54 Buy It Now 21 days
EDWARD R MURROW-I CAN HEAR IT NOW-33-45 Vinyl LP-ABC Radio Library Copy-N MINT USD $7.88 Buy It Now 21 days
MYRIAM FUKS - WHAT CAN YOU MACHEN? SIS AMERIKA!: ANTHOLOGY OF A YIDDISHE MAMA NE USD $18.78 Buy It Now 21 days
CAN - ANTHOLOGY NEW CD USD $15.21 Buy It Now 21 days
RADIO SHOW: IN THE STUDIO 6/4/90 EDDIE MONEY "CAN'T HOLD BACK/NOTHING TO LOSE" USD $36.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Ultimate ISAAC HAYES Can You Dig It Collection 3 Disc Set 2 CD/DVD 70s Anthology USD $29.97 Buy It Now 21 days
CAN'T YOU HEAR ME CALLIN' Bluegrass 80 Years of American Music MINT FreeShip USD $19.97 Buy It Now 22 days
EELST Yes We Can't 2017 2xCD album anthology NEW/SEALED ELIO E LE STORIE TESE USD $15.54 Buy It Now 22 days
Anthology by Raoul McLay (CD, Aug-2010, CAN Records) USD $13.70 Buy It Now 23 days
=RF7 All You Can Eat (CD 1995 Grand Theft Audio) GTA001-R#050 USD $63.64 Buy It Now 23 days
Can ?Anthology - 25 Years (CD, Apr-1998, 2 Discs, Mute) USD $14.98 Buy It Now 24 days
Alan Hull - We Can Swing Together: The Anthology 1965-1995 (2-CD, 2005) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Joe Walsh Look What I Did!:The Anthology + Can't Argue With A Sick Mind CD USD $18.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Various Artists - How Low Can You Go: Anthology of the String / Various [New CD] USD $25.74 Buy It Now 26 days
DEATH MILITIA-YOU CAN'T KILL WHAT'S ALREADY DEAD: ANTHOLOGY 1985-1988-CD USD $14.24 Buy It Now 26 days
How Low Can You Go-Anthology Of The String Bass (CD Used Very Good) USD $24.95 Buy It Now 26 days
Holger Czukay 'Cinema' 5x LP Box + booklet legendary krautrock can unreleased USD $135.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Edward R Murrow I Can Hear it Now Vol 2 45-49 LP 12" Columbia ML 4261 NIB 180718 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 26 days
David Bowie ?- I Can't Read ZYX Music ?ZYX 8757-8, MAXI CD MINT USD $52.03 Buy It Now 27 days
PRINCE & MILES DAVIS / CAN i PLAY with U?:THE FLESH sessions 2CD *F/S USD $37.00 Buy It Now 28 days
CAN Anthology - Remastered Edition P5/6 JAPAN CD PCD18605/6 2010 NEW USD $202.59 Buy It Now 29 days
MYRIAM FUKS - Anthology Of A Yiddishe Mama - What Can You Machen Sis Mint USD $48.49 Buy It Now 29 days
DEAD CAN DANCE - 1981-1998 BOX SET - 3 CDs & 1 DVD - LIKE NEW! USD $82.50 Buy It Now 29 days
Can - Anthology - Rare Original Promo Poster - double - 20x30 Inches USD $20.09 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CAN Can Anthology ratings distribution

CAN Can Anthology reviews

Review by fuxi
5 stars It's testimony to Prog Archives' generous spirit that Can's collected works (and hundreds of other Krautrock artifacts) are included in the site. For this music is as different from the 'Look at me, I'm a virtuoso!' excursions by the likes of Keith Emerson or Chris Squire as it is possible to get. Indeed, it is claimed (in the Rough Guide to Rock, no less!) that in any given Can composition bassist Holger Czukay simply keeps repeating the same two notes over and over again. I haven't checked if this is true, but it certainly seems that way, and yet his bass playing is delightful. In fact, all of the pieces in this collection are immensely lovable.

Let me come clean: this is the only Can album I possess, and I've never heard any other. Still, Prog Archives experts seem to agree that this double CD is a decent representation of the band's career, so I've got no qualms about recommending it to you.

There are two reasons why I've decided to award this album five stars. First of all, I really love this music. It was recommended to me by one of my best friends, it's full of variety, and whenever I put it on, I feel great. Secondly, the more I play this, the more I'm amazed by its historic significance. If Can had been a British or a North American band, you would see their name in poll after poll of the most influential rock bands ever. No doubt about it. Listen to this music, and track after track (most of the material was recorded BEFORE 1975!) will remind you of Bowie's LOW, of the Talking Heads' REMAIN IN LIGHT (minus the hysterical vocals), of New Order, David Sylvian etc. ... all the way up to present-day bands like Gorillaz.

I recently read an article which gave the impression that David Byrne and Peter Gabriel invented so-called World Music, but that's nonsense, because Can were at it at least a full decade earlier, using African rhythms and Middle Eastern harmonies with grace and total ease. (Of course you could maintain that 'World Music' started more than two thousand years ago, when both China and Europe were transformed by string instruments which originated in the Middle East.)

This collection is full of gentle undulating melodies, weird nursery rhymes, irresistible grooves and comic recitations... On the second disc, there's even a brief parody of Japanese noh theatre chanting. Altogether, it's unmistakably a masterpiece.

4 stars Well like some of you i'm not really into songs so much as I am into albums. So anthologies or "Best Of" recordings aren't that appealing to me. Heck I have an I-Pod that I got a year and half ago still in it's box. One day i'll get around to that but that's just my mind-set I guess. There are some advantages to owning this two disc anthology because i'm not a completist so most of disc two is new to me. Also the info in the liner notes is so comprehensive, i'm very impressed. All the albums are listed with pictures of the corresponding covers and song titles. Lots of pictures including a priceless one of Damo and Malcom together smiling for the camera. Okay Malcom isn't smiling (haha). There's a little blurb on each album and inside where the song titles are for this two disc affair they even tell us what album each track comes from. Man for someone new to the band this would be all so invaluable.

Disc one is filled with their more well known numbers as we get music from "Monster Movie" straight through to "Soon Over Babaluma" but skipping "Future Days" which appears on disc two. I wouldn't even know where to start or end in picking my favourites from this bunch. Classic stuff.

Disc two begins with a track from "Can Delay" and it's a good one in "Uphill" with Malcom on vocals. "Mother Upduff" is next and I love this one too. This song and the four to follow are from "Unlimited Edition". One song from "Landed" followed by two from "Future Days" in the title track and "Moonshake". We get two tracks from "Flow Motion" , "Saw Delight" and "Rite Time" with the latter one having Malcom back on vocals. One from "Can" and it ends with a song from a soundtrack.

So we get about 2 1/2 hours of CAN music that spans their careers plus lots of good information and pictures. A low 4 stars for me but it's worth the rating.

5 stars CAN's CONDENSED SOUP Anthology is a two-disc collection of Can's groundbreaking music, whose early experimental Rock music in the 1970's was highly influential on many bands that followed. The music is not presented in strict chronological order, but rather split between early-period and latter ... (read more)

Report this review (#218115) | Posted by catfood03 | Sunday, May 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can Anthology"