MADNESS

Collectors/fans only

Buy MUSE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Madness (4:39)

2nd single from Muse's 6th studio album "The 2nd Law". Released on the Helium 3 on 20th August 2012.

Thanks to Kulitta for the addition

Buy MUSE Madness Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Simulation TheorySimulation Theory
Warner Bros. 2012
$4.95
Origin of Symmetry (2 LP) [Vinyl]Origin of Symmetry (2 LP) [Vinyl]
$21.17
Simulation Theory (Deluxe)Simulation Theory (Deluxe)
Warner Bros. 2018
$4.95
Absolution (2 LP) [Vinyl]Absolution (2 LP) [Vinyl]
$19.47

THROWING MUSES-THE FAT SKIER-4AD-MAD-706-1987 USD $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
RICHIE COLE - ALTO MADNESS - MUSE RECORDS-MR 5155 - MINT - NEW - PROMO COPY USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Richie Cole with Eddie Jefferson LP Hollywood Madness 1980 Muse MR 5207 exc USD $10.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Richie Cole - Hollywood Madness 1980 Muse 12" 33 RPM LP (EX) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MUSE Madness LIMITED TOP QUALITY MUSIC CD FRAMED DISPLAY+FAST WORLD SHIP+2nd LAW USD $60.59 Buy It Now 10 days
RICHIE COLE - Hollywood Madness ~ MUSE 5207 {nm orig} *1979* w/Tom Waits - USD $21.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Fat Skier LP [no slv] 1st (Throwing Muses - 1987) MAD 706 (ID:15516) USD $11.39 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Old Stock SEALED JAZZ ALBUM Vinyl LP RICHIE COLE Alto Madness - 1978 MUSE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
MUSE "THE 2nd LAW" 2012 WARNER BROS 13 TRACK CD ALBUM includes SURVIVAL MADNESS USD $2.41 Buy It Now 15 days
SOUNDS 1988 APRIL 30 PIXIES THROWING MUSES REM SUGARCUBES MADNESS ERASURE SHAMEN USD $10.91 Buy It Now 16 days
The Fat Skier - Throwing Muses; Vinyl Mini-Album (4AD - MAD 706) USD $12.12 Buy It Now 17 days
RICHIE COLE-HOLLYWOOD MADNESS 1980 MUSE REC. LP MR 5207 EXC. VG+ EDDIE JEFFERSON USD $4.99 Buy It Now 18 days
MUSE MADNESS POP RADIO EDIT VARIOUS ARTISTS PROMO CD EXCELLENT CONDITION! RARE! USD $36.38 Buy It Now 20 days
Richie Cole~Alto Madness~Eddie Jefferson, Harold Mabern~Muse Records~FAST SHIP USD $13.45 Buy It Now 21 days
RICHIE COLE Hollywood Madness 1980 MUSE Jazz LP Tom Waits / Eddie Jefferson USD $18.00 Buy It Now 21 days
RICHIE COLE Alto Madness NEW YORK AFTERNOON Eddie Jefferson NM Muse VIC JURIS USD $14.99 Buy It Now 23 days
RICHIE COLE & ERIC KLOSS Battle of Saxes Vol. 1 NM Muse PROMO WLP Eddie Gladden USD $14.99 Buy It Now 23 days
RICHIE COLE: Alto Madness US Muse MR 5155 Jazz FUNK LP mint vinyl USD $8.50 Buy It Now 25 days
JAZZ LP: RICHIE COLE with EDDIE JEFFERSON (+ TOM WAITS) Hollywood Madness MUSE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
RICHIE COLE - Hollywood Madness ~ MUSE 5207 {nm orig} *1979* w/Tom Waits ->RARE USD $28.00 Buy It Now 26 days
RICHIE COLE: Hollywood Madness US Muse MR 5207 Eddie Jefferson Jazz LP USD $7.00 Buy It Now 28 days
RICHIE COLE: Alto Madness US Muse MR 5155 Jazz FUNK LP Harold Mabern USD $8.00 Buy It Now 28 days
MUSE - The 2nd Law 2 x LP - SEALED - Black Vinyl Album Record - Madness Panic USD $24.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Tenor Madness Too by Ricky Ford Quintet (CD, 1995, Muse) VERY GOOD / FREE S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy MUSE music online Buy MUSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MUSE Madness ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(4%)

MUSE Madness reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
1 stars 'Madness' - Muse (Single)

It's buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-bad-bad-bad.

When I first heard "Unsustainable"- the first track dropped from this new Muse album- I was shocked. Not because I had finally stumbled upon the progressive-black-jazz-neofolk-metal record I had been searching for my entire life, but because a progressive rock band that had once been decent some short years ago was now a poster child for mainstream, corporate garbage of the unforgivable variety. Luckily, the first true single for this album, "Madness", is not quite as bad as my first impression with "The 2nd Law". Unfortunately, most of the things that go right with "Madness" are thanks to Muse's shameless plagiarism of the almighty Queen. I could call this listenable, but if this is the best thing that this Muse album has to offer, then I shall schedule post-traumatic stress therapy in advance.

Queen's "I Want to Break Free" was a decent song- not one of their best, but pretty good. It had a cheesy-yet-endearing 80's beat, great vocals from Mercury, and a generally catchy feel that makes it memorable, even though I haven't heard the song in some time. It feels like no coincidence, then, that "I Want to Break Free" is the first thing that pops into my head when hearing "Madness". I will refrain from attributing this revelation to handy detective work- Muse have virtually ripped off everything that was decent about the original song, and infused it into their mainstream, now slightly dubstep-influenced sound. The chord progression, the melodies, and even the shape of the guitar solo towards the end point out Muse as hacks. Queen has always been an influence on Muse, but- intentional or accidental- it's pretty lame that they would have gone this far with it.

Like I said, "Madness" is listenable, but I suspect that it is so largely because of the plagiarism. The last minute begins to hint at some interesting vocal arrangements, but for my money, this is a fairly sappy pop tune. Even so, I still get the haunting feeling that I'll be calling this one of the album's highlights when the fateful time comes.

3 stars It indeed sounds like "I Want to Break Free" with dubstep in background ! I predict that the fans of old prog metal Muse will have mixed feeling about this song just like Queen's 70's fans disliked Queen's early 80's output, but i personally, don't care.. I never had problems with Queen (or a ... (read more)

Report this review (#809715) | Posted by nuncjusz | Friday, August 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going to give this one another (more) positive review, because it's not actually that bad. Muse are my second favourite band of all time, and my favourite listed on the archives. The Resistance was a completely stunning album. In every way. But half way through that album, they decided to stop be ... (read more)

Report this review (#808433) | Posted by Gallifrey | Tuesday, August 21, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MUSE "Madness"