ENDLESS FORMS MOST BEAUTIFUL

Nightwish

Nightwish Endless Forms Most Beautiful album cover

Buy NIGHTWISH Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. Shudder Before The Beautiful (6:29)
2. Weak Fantasy (5:25)
3. Elan (4:44)
4. Yours Is An Empty Hope (5:39)
5. Our Decades In the Sun (6:39)
6. My Walden (4:39)
7. Endless Forms Most Beautiful (5:08)
8. Edema Ruh (5:16)
9. Alpenglow (4:49)
10. The Eyes Of Sharbat Gula (6:04)
11. The Greatest Show On Earth (23:58) :

- Jenny O'Grady / choirmistress
- Orchestra / strings & winds
- Pip Williams / vocal & orchestral arrangements, orchestrations and direction
- James Shearman / choirs & orchestra conductor
- Jussi Tegelman / soundscapes (11)
- Paul Clarvis / ethnic percussion
- Stephen Henderson / timpani, ethnic percussion
- Richard Dawkins / speech (1,10)
- Francesco Lupica / ? (11)

Artwork: Gina & Janne Pitkšnen

CD Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3464-2 (2015, Europe)
2xCD Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3464-0 (2015, Europe) Bonus disc with instrumental versions - Digibook
3xCD Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3464-4 (2015, Europe) Bonus CD w/ instrumental versions plus bonus CD w/ orchestral versions (except tracks #6 & 8) - Earbook edition

2xLP Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3464-1 (2015, Europe)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy NIGHTWISH Endless Forms Most Beautiful Music

Endless Forms Most BeautifulEndless Forms Most Beautiful
Nuclear Blast America 2015
$8.24
Endless Forms Most BeautifulEndless Forms Most Beautiful
Nuclear Blast Records 2015
$13.00
Endless forms most beautifulEndless forms most beautiful
Mystic Production
$68.87
Endless Forms Most Beautiful (Digibook) by NightwishEndless Forms Most Beautiful (Digibook) by Nightwish
Nuclear Blast
$45.84

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NIGHTWISH Endless Forms Most Beautiful ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH Endless Forms Most Beautiful reviews

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
4 stars With prog metal groups having been added to progarchives faster than food trucks in an abandoned lot, it's somewhat surprising that the latest offering from one of the least metallic, most progressive and most internationally successful has only received reviews from a few odd fanpeople immediately upon release. With a concept as grandiose as anything from the 1970s but a great deal more penetrable, not a growl in sight, and only occasional raucous riffs dotting the mostly symphonic and occasionally Celtic backdrop, this 2015 issue picks up where the superb "Imaginaerum" left off. The apparently contentious split with former lead singer Annette Olson has occasioned the ascent of the equally expressive Floor Jansen for another engrossing romp.

The subject is Darwin's theory of evolution and the title is a quote from "The Origin of Species", with the NIGHTWISH concept focusing on how lucky we are to be alive, given that the likelihood of our ever being conceived is infinitesimally small. My intellectual problem with this is the same as stating that if everything is great then nothing is great. Everybody we meet is as equally fortunate. Now, if we could make the acquaintance of those who were never squeezed into existence that would be another matter. In any case, Nightwish does justice to the bombastic theme from the outset with "Shudder Before the Beautiful, and the sequence beginning with with the mostly gentle "Our Decades in the Sun" and ending with the dazzling "The Eyes of Sherbat Gula" is uniformly ravishing. The most identifiable aspects of their sound apart from the vocals would be the synthesized and bona fide orchestrations, the gallivanting melodies, and the frequent interjections of pipes and flutes from one Troy Donockley. The gravitas of occasional narrator Richard Dawkins, a renowned author and biologist, rounds out the cast.

While our favourite prog is often challenging and intellectually and emotionally satisfying, it's rarely this entertaining as well. It might even bring a lump to your throat.

5 stars The first album with Floor Jansen ex after Forever. I listen an album solid, powerful, amazing production, melodic, heavier, excellent balance, an inspired Toumas, and an amazing Floor, the new Queen of Prog Metal. Much better than it's predecesores. My favourites songs: Weak Fantasy, Shudder Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#1407015) | Posted by watcherofthesky | Friday, May 1, 2015 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Just Like "Room V" by Shadow Gallery and "Scenes from a Memory" by Dream Theater this CD has introduced me to a new progressive metal band. And just like those two CD's I mentioned ? it has had a massive impact on me. I haven't heard any of the back catalogue ? so it should be fun sampling som ... (read more)

Report this review (#1403409) | Posted by M27Barney | Friday, April 24, 2015 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The first studio album with Floor Jansen is excellent. Other than her apparent beauty, she is a humble and classy gal in live performances that make her easy to appreciate as a person. She really gets to show off her voice in soft ballads and rocking metal, and she fits this band perfectly. Wh ... (read more)

Report this review (#1392565) | Posted by javajeff | Friday, April 3, 2015 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "Endless Forms Most Beautiful"