SCHIZOPHRENIA

Studio Album, released in 2019

CD 1 (77:09)
1. Schizophrenia (18:55)
2. Thoughts P.I (4:09)
3. All The Answers (9:07)
4. The Inconvenient Truth P.I (7:26)
5. Frightened (2:43)
6. On The Run (4:27)
7. Foolin' Myself (4:45)
8. Yearning Moments (6:20)
9. Supernatural Dream (10:08)
10. It Leads To Nothing (3:31)
11. Thoughts P. II (5:38)

CD 2 (73:30)
12. World Of Emotions (11:47)
13. Meet Me By The Water (3:53)
14. Man In The Mirror (7:11)
15. The Inconvenient Truth P.II (8:45)
16. The Shape Of Things To Come (8:34)
17. We Are All In The Same Boat (4:02)
18. Voices From Yonder (7:16)
19. Always Livin' In A Lie (4:57)
20. Despair Grows To Anger (6:47)
21. Eyes Of A Stranger (7:42)
22. Happy But Unhappy (2:36)

- Norbert Krüler / lead & backing vocals, guitars (electric, acoustic & 12-string), piano, organ, keyboards (Roland Jupiter 80/Integra 7, Yamaha Montage 7, Korg Kronos X/TR88, Line 6 Variax, PRS Tremonti), bass, programming, virtual synths & libraries, composer & producer

With:
- Matthias Mehrtens / lead guitar
- Anke Ullrich / lead (9,17,21) & backing vocals

Artwork: 2L Productions

CDx2 2L Productions ‎- 2L-2026 (2019, Germany)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy SHAMALL Schizophrenia Music

More places to buy SHAMALL music online Buy SHAMALL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SHAMALL Schizophrenia ratings distribution

SHAMALL Schizophrenia reviews

Review by friso
3 stars Shamall is the project of German music producer, DJ and multi-instrumentalist Norbert Krueler. The album 'Schizophrenia' offers what amount to two double LP's of music that indeed is prog-related, but only by reference in my opinion. The music of Shamall aims to create dark electronic music in de vain of the Blade Runner soundtrack, but less condensed to its most pivotal moments. In stead this record sounds like a long electronic jam with some interwoven 'songy' parts. The pallet is that of modern electronic music (including movie soundtrack electronics), lot's of mid-paced drumming (also electronic) and some echoey rock guitars. The link to the neo-progressive genre - that I can't separate from its emotive songwriting - is than a bit of stretch in my opinion. The male vocals by Krueler are competent and often mixed like Queen's Innuendo album. The three vocal performances of Anke Ullrich are a welcome change, also a gifted singer with her own style. The album's main defining attribute seems to be its running time and uninterrupted flow, which allows for full immersion in the music. The album would also do a fine job as background noise. The production by Norber Krueler is flawless, with a full-bodied sound and a pleasant mix.

Whilst everything on this record is just fine, I fail to see how such an amount of tracks that more or less sound the same (sound pallet, rhythm, tempo, minor key, lyrical theme) could impress listeners of the progressive all that much. To me this music sounds like a very well made copy of a copy of a copy of something. Furthermore, he lyrical themes of schizophrenia and inconvenient truths do become a bit of a drag. Now, there's no need to rate anything less then a three star rating for a professional album that obviously people here are enjoying - but I would definitively not recommend this to listeners of neo-prog.

5 stars It just needs only a few words to explain what I like so much about the new Shamall "Schizophrenia". First of all, it is a high-quality production, in which the musical and technical realization of the theme as well as the cover design and content is more than excellent. The exceptionally good soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#2314531) | Posted by Dark Edge | Monday, February 10, 2020 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The name Shamall is not new to me. But whenever I was told that it is electronic music, my interest to continue working with them felt asleep. I am really not a fan of electronic music. Everything is too similar to me, not enough power in it. But with Shamall I was wrong. And I have no problem admi ... (read more)

Report this review (#2306679) | Posted by JohnnyBGoody | Tuesday, January 14, 2020 | Review Permanlink

5 stars In my passion as a fan of progressive music, I have rarely seen a band surprising me with a new album that could compete with one of their earlier releases, even after decades. Indeed! Pink Floyd was one of those bands. Of course also Porcupine Tree and later Steven Wilson as soloist. As well as Ana ... (read more)

Report this review (#2303105) | Posted by Finn73 | Wednesday, January 1, 2020 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Shamall is the project of Norbert Krüler, a German musician who has been producing and releasing progressive music of various styles under this name for more than 30 years. Indeed Shamall has experienced different emphases in his music until today. Starting with two disco productions in the earl ... (read more)

Report this review (#2299607) | Posted by SylvieK | Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SHAMALL "Schizophrenia"