Various Artists (Label Samplers) - Love Proge CD (album) cover

LOVE PROGE

Various Artists (Label Samplers)

Various Genres

progressive
3 stars (2,5 stars or less) I'm pretty disappointed, because I know there is much better music in Finland than these. Still I'm happy because there's a few goos songs and the other's are mostly for the pop audience but still quite comfortable. Although I hate some of them.

Worth: ****Wigwam: Luulosairas - Of course, blues jazzrock. Wigwam: Do Or Die - Delightful dark bass like ****Tabula Rasa: Vuorellaistuja - of course.

Tasavallan presidentti: Lounge - very nice symphonic experimental jazz/fusion rock

****Pekka Pohjola: Virtojen kiharat - of course Nimbus: Ode to Eagle - little bit slower rock, nice melodies, pretty powerful.

Jukkas' jazz: Jukka Hauru: Enema Syringe - psychedelic eastern jazz with thick rock instruments. I like this, though repetition is maybe too powerful. Jukka Tolonen: A Passenger to Paramaribo - nice jazzrock, though little bit stupid. Compare Mahavishnu Orchestra. Jukka Gustavson: Yksin yhdess - diverse jazz, bit like Tasavallan presidentti.

Other pretty good: Session: Persialaisella torilla - reminds me of Kalevala. But there's stupid pop melody in this song (compare nutrocker/cracker)

Basic psychedelic jazzrock: Baby Grandmothers: Someone Keeps Calling My Name - Nice psychedelic rock experimental, reminds me of Amon Dl, mostly harsh instrumental (without some special characteristics of AD). Charlies: Like the Purpose Told Me - I don't like this much, but it's so basic rock with prog elements. Ferris: Black Friday - same as ^

And somehow Tasavallan presidentti: Deep Thinker - almost pop, but still progressive jazzrock with jumping rhythms and melodies. And Nova: Atlantis - symphonic psychedelic..

Other songs are fairly banal or hateable rock.

progressive | 3/5 |