Cult of Luna - Vertikal CD (album) cover

Cult of Luna

Experimental/Post Metal

4 stars It's been five years since Cult of Luna published his latest album. Five years is enough time to create expectations (false or not) and feed hope (false or not). But the fact is that Vertikal is an outstanding album for any lover of the genre. There's nothing new in here really, but Cult of Luna want to take a further step and venture into unknown territories for them. At least we get an album that sounds fresh and mature.

I didn't want to talk about any song in particular, but hell, Vicarious Redemption is terrifying (in the good sense of the word). I really like how these guys construct that monster. The first part reminds me a funeral jazz sound.

So yes, a fantastic album. Maybe you have to be in the right mood to digest it, but if you are it is a great experience.

cris_ostoma | 4/5 |