Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Dracula Opera Rock CD (album) cover

DRACULA OPERA ROCK

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

zedkatz
3 stars I've tried hard to like this, I really have and I applaud PFM for doing something different. The problem is:

1- to me it sounds nothing like the PFM I like; 2- rock opera (or opera rock) is not a genre that does anything for me. So why did I buy it you ask? Because it's PFM! Which leads me back to point 1 again.

Tricky to rate. I'm trying to be objective despite being distinctly unimpressed. It's not poor by any means so 1 star is inappropriate. I'm not sure it will appeal to fans and collectors either. I think it might disappoint some fans (like me) but could well attract new ones.

For me it's somewhere between 2 and 3 stars I guess. So 'Good but non-essential' as far as I'm concerned. I won't be getting the original cast recording but just in case I suddenly 'get' this album I reserve the right to change my mind completely.

zedkatz | 3/5 |