Red Sand - Cinema du Vieux Cartier CD (album) cover

Red Sand

5 stars Red Sand from Canada are back with a new offering, "Cinema du Vieux Cartier", and it has certainly been worth the year's wait. They are back to their old form displayed in "Mirror of Insanity" and "Gentry". Great melodies in every song. The good news is the return of the constant keyboard washes and solos that abound in every song. They have a new keyboardist who is terrific (Simon's daughter). Can you spell "n-e-p-o-t-i-s-m", ha-ha. The guitars, bass and drums, as always, are top-notch. I really enjoy the up-front sound of the drums. Steff is back on the vocals and as good and as dramatic as ever. The production is crystal clear. The only bad news is that the second song listed on P.A., "Superhero", only appears on the special limited edition! I ordered very early, but not early enough as I was sent a regular copy. So no comments about "Superhero", very disappointing. For fans of Red Sand this will be a great listen. Highly recommended, but hey, that's just one opinion. And for the those few who will claim "clonism" as usual, just sit back, turn up the volume, relax, and enjoy it. Coke was the first cola, but I never turn down a Pepsi, Levis were the first blue jeans but Wranglers are cool, right??? Well...actually...I wouldn't be caught dead in Wranglers, but you get the point. Great offering from Red Sand, ENJOY IT.
OneOpinion | 5/5 |