Porcupine Tree - In Absentia CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.24 | 2023 ratings

Joćo Francisco
4 stars I've been folowing Porcupine tree's work since the "signify" album was released. "In Absentia" starts with an electric guitar playing octaves in drop D... The sound creates stress... exploding with the band! I'd never expected something so strong from their part! Incrideble! The album have very good themes, very well harmonized (vocaly). I think that we start to get the notion of Opeth's influence in Steven Wilson's work. More heavy parts, in substitution of old rock riffs: a glimpse of modern sound! But, meanwhile we've got the most beautiful tunes (crying ones) with a great "choir" work. Many takes us to Pink Floyd's era! Very good! The album is very well produced. Every instrument have body and presence. All played very well!

I think we've got the right balance between old and new! This is a album to remember!

Joćo Francisco | 4/5 |