Mike Oldfield - The Best Of Tubular Bells CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

1 stars 1.5 Stars

ANOTHER worthless compilation. It's a Tubular Bells retrospective, taking sections of each album and molding them together on one disc. I fail to see the purpose of this release.

On one hand, it might be geared toward newcomers, which would listen to this, and like the review above me, be turned off by the gashing of the originals, and impact their perspective when they finally get to experience them properly.

Then there's the other buyer group, the hard core fans that have to have everthing in their collection, worth the price tag or not.

Maybe I'm unique in the fact that I don't at all see the appeal of chopping up masterpeices to fit into a nice little commercial package!

OGTL | 1/5 |