Spock's Beard - Spock's Beard CD (album) cover

Spock's Beard

5 stars I will be flat out honest in this review. Since Neal Morse left I really didn't like any of spock's albums. I thought Euphoria was trash (harsh I know) and Octane had its moments but overall wouldn't be something I would want to add to my collection.

This album however had me pleasantly suprised. I heard thy were spending a lot of time in the studio trying to really pust something good out, but I thought, eh probably won't be much. I was wrong, dead wrong! This album is phenomonal. Not much more I can say it is a definate buy for those who love prog.

The one thing I miss though is like others have posted, the feeling in their music. It's like there is just a piece missing and they haven't quite got it totally, but this album was a HUGE step towards it. Great job indeed. They just reclaimed a fan.

I gave this album 5 stars simply cause there is no 4.5, but I couldn't justify giving it a 4, it's better than that.

| 5/5 |