Sigur Rós - Kveikur CD (album) cover

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

3 stars I love Sigur Ros, but I don't know about the last album, I feel Sveinsson's departure was really noticeable. It is clear that Jonsi is the leader, but all the members really share a great deal and Sveinsson always played the piano parts in a way that made the music beautiful, dreaming, imaginative. Kveikur is a good album but I think they wanted to change drastically from Valtari, which is the extreme opposite, and create something heavier. It is OK, there are no problems with that attempt; however, some down moments were missing in the album, and all the album keeps its high tone and the loud noises are repetitive in different parts. I didn't enjoy this album (nor the last one) as well as the previous albums (Agaetis Byrjun / ( ) / Takk / Med Sun I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalast) which are truly jewels! I know I need to listen to this album more times to get the good things, but the other albums got me since the very first moment I listened to them.
Memo_anathemo | 3/5 |