Red Sand - Cinema du Vieux Cartier CD (album) cover

Red Sand

2 stars I read a bunch of reviews on Progarchives and I was hoping for some wonderfull Marillion- esque of Pendragon-esque neoprogressive rock.

I really can't say, that I enjoyed this cd at all! The production is terrible, the singer is not good. Most of the time he's just of tune.

The drums are annoying the crap out of me. There's no atmosphere on the album. It sounds as though I'm listening to a debut-album. But this is their 6th or 7th album!!!

Some parts, especially the softer parts, are not that bad. The guitarist and the pianist are quite allright. But the singing and drumming ruins it all for me.

I will not trash this record, because these people really did their best. But I will never, ever play something from this band again.

Kingsnake | 2/5 |