Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

zedkatz
4 stars I remember as a teenager seeing this album in record shops and alway being slightly tempted to buy it, but thought it looked a bit 'heavy rock'. How wrong I was!

Having finally heard the MP3 clip of Da Zeuhl Wortz Mekanïk on PA I decided to take the plunge, being a big fan of Orff's Carmina Burana.

Tonight I got stuck in several traffic jams and gave it a complete listen for the first time in the car.

Uttely remarkable, like nothing I've ever heard before. It's not comfortable listening but it's just so unique I have to applaud them for conceiving and performing it. I'm particularly enthralled by the female vocals which are truly haunting.

I may have to get more Magma if this is typical

zedkatz | 4/5 |