Modest Midget - The Great Prophecy of a Small Man CD (album) cover

THE GREAT PROPHECY OF A SMALL MAN

Modest Midget

Menswear
4 stars Promising!

I my search for more Gentle Giant, I came across Modest Midget, and if they are expanding their Gentle Giant approach, I write them a check. I mean, they do have the Gary Green guitar sound with the bass backing it. I just love when a band takes the complexity of their heroes and mix it with a modern sound (like Wobbler for instance). They do have a knack to make accessible mélodies in their songs (listen to Contemporary Ache) even if they serve a decent dose of complexity.

I like also the vocals, far away from GG but closer to Beardfish. In fact, they do sound a lot like Beardfish, which is far from a crime. Like I said, if you put some influences in your music, at least do it right!

Great work from newbies, you're not hearing me complaining.

Menswear | 4/5 |