Threshold - Livedelica CD (album) cover

Threshold

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
3 stars Delicious!

Livedelica is a brief live album recorded during the short-lived Glynn Morgan-period, just after the release of the band's second studio album (Psychedelicatessen). This little live album features two songs from Psychedelicatessen (the sole studio album featuring Morgan on lead vocals) and three songs from the excellent debut Wounded Land. All five songs are great and Morgan does a fine performance on the older songs that originally featured Damian Wilson's amazing voice (Wilson was soon to return to the band for the recoding of the band's third album Extinct Instinct). With just five tracks the running time still exceeds 50 minutes and makes for a satisfying live experience.

Fans of the band ought to be very happy that this album exists and gives us a rare glimpse into that often overlooked period in the band's history. Still, I suppose many would also agree that after only two studio albums, releasing a live album was slightly premature. As much as I like Psychedelicatessen and Glynn Morgan's vocals, I think it would have been more appropriate to record a live album after the release of the brilliant next album Extinct Instinct (which is my favourite by the band). It is funny that Damian Wilson has joined and re-joined the band several times and recorded as many as three studio albums with the group, yet none of the band's live albums feature Wilson on vocals. I hope that they will make up for that some time soon now that Wilson is once again the singer of this fine band.

Livedelica is not essential, but it is a nice addition and an enjoyable listen

SouthSideoftheSky | 3/5 |