Cirrus Bay - Whimsical Weather CD (album) cover

Cirrus Bay

3 stars Cirrus Bay's Whimsical Weather refines the "Genesis-influenced neo-prog with a Renaissance-influenced vocalist" formula which Cirrus Bay had nailed down reasonably effectively on A Step Into Elsewhere. If you were very enthusiastic about that album, you'll probably enjoy this one a lot too, though equally if you disliked it I don't think Whimsical Weather's going to win you over. For my part, I thought A Step Into Elsewhere was OK, but not a real standout classic, and I don't hear much in Whimsical Weather which suggests that the band have substantially and coherently upgraded their sound since then. In short, more of the same.
Warthur | 3/5 |