Visitors - Visitors CD (album) cover

2 stars Visitors was a french project from the producer Jean-Pierre Massiera. After write about their second album (it was a long time ago), I will write something about this debut, a very unique and obscure album. But unfortunattely, is not the kind of "unique" that captivates me. The alien at the album cover art made me look forward to this album, and well, I had great expectations. And it wasn't so great.

The trippy first track intro is a good album opening, but when the vocal begins, the song lost the previous vibe and vocals are boring. The second track is irrelevant, is not catchy, just a bad heavy prog track. Terra Larbour, the third, is an space environmental/dark ambient track, but the supposed to be "extra-terrestrial" voices really sucks! And this boring vocals stand still the whole album. Is something like a bad Zeuhl attempt. Nous is an instrumental track, so it's a good one. Not so memorable though. The self-titled Visitors track is the best one, another instrumental and this time, very good. The bass riff is badass and the violin playing the same riff is cool. The ending track is another uncatchy track. This french band had good passages, but they weren't creative enough for me.

The album is pretty ecletic, has some weird variations between slow symphonic passages and heavy prog, featuring hammond organs and stuff that I think everyone here is able to like. But in this case, there's something missing in Massiera works. And he probably didn't found it until the second album.

VOTOMS | 2/5 |