Focus - Hamburger Concerto  CD (album) cover

5 stars As new flesh in the progressive rock world I can say this album made me curious to progressive rock. The riffs aren't catchy, the music isn't predictable, but it does stay in your head. I was raised with the sound of Focus. You can hear they are masters of music and that they master their instruments. I love this album. It made me discover more progrock.

The variaties of influences caught on this album is immense. From Baroque music to 60's rock-ish influences.

The Hamburger Concerto also contains a little piece of an old Dutch Christmas song ( O kerstnacht, schoner dan den dagen).

This album is for me an instant 5-star album.

Juxienn | 5/5 |