Hibernal - The Machine CD (album) cover

Hibernal

Post Rock/Math rock

voliveira
3 stars 6.5/10

First I want to thank Mark Healy for giving me the chance to be able to review your album is really a rewarding opportunity. I wish you all luck to continue to invest in your project.

That said, let the album. What have we here? An instrumental work-conceptual, but different from the usual. There is a bit of spoken word here, serving as a conduit for the story being told. As I am not the wise there is neither English how to understand the story, except for a few passages ("Jane ... my name is Jane"), and most likely this may have hindered some of my understanding and ability to enjoy The Machine .

Mainly because often the instrumental is unfolding in a very fluid and is "broken" by the narration. This really pisses me off. I guess I'm not the type who can handle it (others may see as an extremely commendable), and if there is a reason I'm giving an average-low rating is this.

Technically, though, this album is great. There are a lot of ideas being used here, the instrumentation is really good, considering that everything here is run by one man (there are some moments when I feel like it's an artificial, but they are relatively few). What I liked most was the bass, which is really poignant about to lead the music at times.

I think 3 stars is a perfect rating. Again, thank you Mark for having me available to listen to this work. And he has my full encouragement to proceed with your project Hibernal.

voliveira | 3/5 |