Meshuggah - Nothing CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

4 stars Meshuggah's sound has really changed on this album, to the better, in my opinion. They now play slower, more rhytmic music. Still impossible to read the time signatures played over the 4/4 cymbal hits. The 8-String guitars give meshuggah's mindblowing riffs an even deeper dimension, and an even better sound. Many things repeat themselves on this album, exspecially the riffs. That could make this album a bit boring, but i manage to still sit through the entire album. It will take well-trained ears and an open mind to find the beauty of this sheer-dark and complex music. It took me 3 months, so don't worry if you don't like it at first. I'll give this album 4/5. Defenatly one of the better of Meshuggah's works!
Abstrakt | 4/5 |