Gentle Giant - Acquiring the Taste CD (album) cover

Gentle Giant

5 stars Here we have come to what I think is the mos ambitious GG's album. With a total of 47 instruments (is that it?) it is also the most complex and the hardest to listen. But once you take your time with it, it is an absolute beauty. I had trouble at the beginning with this record, but as I began to understand it and to listen to it again and again and again, it came to be one of my 100 all time favorites. I love "Pantagruel's Nativity", "Black Cat" (rocking harmonies!), "Plain Truth" and "Edge Of Twilight" (I had some friends listen Edge Of Twilight some time ago, and none of them could tolerate it, I couldn't believe it).

Pros: +Oustanding quantity of instruments +Better compositions than the last album +Great violin +Combinations between hard and calmed vocals +Perfect execution +I simply love it...

Cons: +Weird +Difficult at the beginning

Verdict: Absolutely a masterpiece, a record that deserves your time and your money without a doubt.

If you like it, look forward to the next albums, until "Free Hand" (especially "Octopus" and "In A Glass House", my second fave after this one). Also check "Playing The Fool".

5 stars for being one of my top albums and what I consider the most fancy prog out there. If you are a prog lover, their first 7 are musts.

MyDarling95 | 5/5 |