Comedy Of Errors - Fanfare & Fantasy CD (album) cover

FANFARE & FANTASY

Comedy Of Errors

DrömmarenAdrian
3 stars I thank Comedy of Errors for some really good music. Though wasn't the record even enough and a pair of bad songs lowered my review to three well decerved stars. The album "Fanfare & Fantasy" from this year is Comedy of Error's second plate and I think they are better than many other neo-bands, a genre I don't use to like very much. The album has a blue artistic cover and the band shows us a long row of long songs to enjoy in our own ways. Sometimes I think this is too sugary and it feels like the singer either hasn't got his own style or I don't like some of his variations. The music has many ingredients I like such as sweaping long melodies and great vocals but it also happens I feel they could have done it more specificly in their own way.

"Times Motet and Galliard" is my favourite here, a calm and lovely tune with a lot of inspiration from the Renaissance and perhaps the Medieval times. Vocals here are also great. "Something she said" is a bombastic masterwork, with instrumental splendor and edge. Three other songs are also more than good: "Fanfare for the Broken Hearted", the calm opener with a great musical space, "The Cause" and "The Answer". The record isn't helped by the miserable "In a lifetime" where the vocals feels like Dream Theater and "Remembrance". Perhaps I don't think Comedy of Errors should do short "radio" songs. I think you can also listen to "Going for a song" or "Merry dance" but with less joy than my recommended tracks. One of the best things with this music is, even if I have complained about it, the vocals. This is my rating on every song:

Times Motet and Galliard (9/10), Something she said(9/10), Fanfare for the broken hearted (7/10), The Cause(7/10), The Answer(7/10) Going for a song(6/10), Merry dance(6/10), Remembrance(4/10) and In a lifetime (4/10)

DrömmarenAdrian | 3/5 |