Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

Lord Anon
4 stars Images and Words is Dream Theater's first album with vocalist James LaBrie. It was the beginning of a huge journey for the band who are now progressive metal giants. Everything about this album is classic DT, from the technical yet memorable guitar solos, the abundance of crazy time-signature changes, and the high-pitched, wailing vocals from LaBrie. I really love every song on here, I consider them to all be classic Dream Theater tracks. The only thing holding this album back from true perfection is the 80's sounding production (especially the drums), which I'm completely used to so it doesn't bother me much. Chances are, if you don't like this album, then Dream Theater is just not your cup of tea. It's one of their defining albums, and a milestone in progressive metal.
Lord Anon | 4/5 |