Nemo - Le ver dans le fruit CD (album) cover

LE VER DANS LE FRUIT

Nemo

Kjarks
5 stars Shall we be soon obliged to classify Nemo in the heavy prog category ? The tendancy we noticed in the enormous "Barbares" and which was confirmed in "Revolution" is now strongly established. Heavy guitar riffs have become prominent. May be too much.

It seems anavoidable nowadays for many groups (even Porcupine Tree !) to have a load sound, surely for commercial reasons. It's sure this new Nemo can please symphonic prog and heavy prog amateurs as well.

The virtuosity is impressive again, the themes are still elaborated and subtile, guitar and keyboards chorus are complicated and exciting, the rythm section is as solid as always ; and we have our necessary epic, like an apogee !

But, after a short and tight introduction, the sound is bigger than ever, it does not let you breathe more than a short while. In any case, that is the feeling I get after having listened two times to these CDs. I miss serene musical moments of "Présages" and "Prélude à la ruine".

Nowadays, the music of Nemo has become more mature, more mastered. But, in my opinion, the originality of their beginnings and their undoubtable creativity is a little bit diluted in this powerful sound.

But Nemo is one of the 10 most inventive groups amongst contemporary Prog leaders, to my mind. And, like thier preceding ones, this record is a must have. According to my criters, it disserves 4,5 stars.

Kjarks | 5/5 |