Yes - Magnification CD (album) cover

MAGNIFICATION

Chris H
4 stars I have to start off by saying I don't think many people thought this album would sell very well, hence the $2.99 price tag. But boy were they wrong as this is probably the best album of the new millenium so far in my book!

The album starts out strong with "Magnification", a majestic and regal sounding piece that flows smoothly into the heavier and bluesier "Spirit Of Survival". "Spirit of Survival" is my favorite Yes song on this album, but not by much because it is so hard to pick. Then the sogns start to turn uber sappy, examples being "Don't Go", "We Agree" and "Soft As A Dove" and these are all songs that are easily forgettable.

After these songs pass by, the two longest songs on the album "Dreamtime" and "In The Presence Of:..." make up for the ground that was lost by the previous tracks with some thoughtful music.The albums ends on a high note with "Time Is Time", one of the only good soft-ish songs released since the late 80's.

If you are looking for an extremely great bargain, go and pick up this album right now, you can buy it pretty much just with pocket change!

Chris H | 4/5 |