Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot CD (album) cover

Gordian Knot

Experimental/Post Metal

3 stars With a great combination of musicians, starting with Trey the Great Gunn, this ensemble known as the Gordian Knot have created a wonderful instrumental album, obviously remarking the extraordinary way of playing the warr guitar, stick and chapman stick by three incredible bass players: Trey Gunn, Sean Malone and John Myung. Probably, the songs have some low points and high points in each, something that makes the album not as excellent as other albums I've heard instrumental. However, it is very clear and noticeable that these musicians know what they do. Just for gist, I tell you when I heard this album for the first time, I really liked the opening track 'Galois', which sounded completely like Vangelis in a Bladerunner style. Really good album.
Memo_anathemo | 3/5 |