Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle CD (album) cover

INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE

Ayreon

Mellotron Storm
3 stars 3.5 stars. Although the singing and the musicianship is excellent this record just doesn't capture my imagination. This is such an ambitious project, and the concept is pretty cool but when you boil it down to the songs, they for the most part don't do it for me.

The introduction "Welcome To The New Dimension" is both detailed and dramatic. "Isis And Ostris" is great ! To hear Fish and Sharon Den Adel singing on the same song is like listening to Arjen's version of beauty and the beast, haha. Sorry Fish. I really like Damian Wilson's vocals on "Time Beyond Time" and "Across The Rainbow Bridge".

The first two songs on disc 2 are fantastic ! Anneke's vocals on both songs are so beautiful. The other song I really like is "Cosmic Fusion" a cool sounding psychedelic tune with tempo and mood shifts a plenty. "The Mirror Maze" and "Another Time, Another Space" are both BEATLES sounding tunes with a psychedelic feel to them.

It was fun checking out who sings when, and I was introduced to some musicians I previously did not know. If you don't have this release you should get it, the majority on this site believe "Into The Electric Castle" is an excellent addition to your collection.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |