DeeExpus - Half Way Home CD (album) cover

4 stars After listening to the debut album HALF WAY HOME of DeeExpus, there's only one thing I could say: I'm glad there's still really good music in this planet! This album is really remarkable. Although it is marked here as a heavy prog album, which indeed it is, it also contains many elements of neo progressive sound, and that combination was really awesome. All the tracks have this trend of sounding hard at parts, melodic at others. The musicians are really remarkable, and there are some songs that resemble Porcupine Tree (especially some fragments that made me think I was about to hear "Anesthetize") but in a very different version. Deeexpus might be said to be the calm version of PT. Very good album!
Memo_anathemo | 4/5 |