Ange - └ Propos de... CD (album) cover

└ PROPOS DE...

Ange

Dr÷mmarenAdrian
3 stars I am continuing my Ange journey and I must say I like └ propos de... more than their record from 1981 which I found was so wrong. On this record I see no weird 80s sounds and the songs are nice in their own way.

The cover here is quite boring, black and a round picture of two people. It's not obvious when hearing this to think about Ange. They have changed their music in a very bad way. Though it is not this bad music. I feel Ange here has been some form of soft rock and If I understood the lyrics it perhaps would have been more interesting. But as before we can enjoy the vocals of the Decamps' brothers. As Ange fans there is a lot I miss on this record but as alternation from better prog this could be a nice listening.

The best song is "Le bal des laze" which has more deep than the rest. I also appreciate "Le Moribond" and "Les Copains d'Abord". My three stars wasn't self-evident but as a record that sounds good and music I like listen to sometimes it is worth its stars. Perhaps 2,5 would have been the best. But I must mention that this is not a prog record so if you search for prog you'll be disappointed. You'll be even more disappointed if you search for "Old Ange" - this is another music, but perhaps it's something for you.

Dr÷mmarenAdrian | 3/5 |