Greenslade - Spyglass Guest CD (album) cover

SPYGLASS GUEST

Greenslade

Frasse
4 stars Greenslades third is a quite jazzy effort, it sometimes reminds me of Steely Dan for some reason. (Altough I barely remember how they sounded.) Especially the songs written by Dave Lawson applies to this.

I ususally don't like the sound of Rhodes/Fender pianos but here the two Daves (Greenslade and Lawson) really make some good sounding music of it. The reason I don't like Rhodes/Fender is that they, imho, provide the defining sound of background Muzak. But, as said, if this album was played in my local supermarket, I wouldn't go there for just shopping.

The Jazz Rock tracks is smooth and mellow and gives this record a solid 3.5 stars. Tracks such as "Spirit of the Dance" and "Siam Seesaw" (The two least jazzy.) raise it to a 4.

Frasse | 4/5 |