Egg - Egg CD (album) cover

EGG

Egg

Canterbury Scene

Menswear
5 stars Dusty,moldy and memorable.

Yes this record sounds dated, just how I like them. Just the right amount of scratchy production and bad drum miking. But this is where all the charm lies: it's a terribly British record. Even the cover is sober. A subtle 'up yours' to the snobby English class who only listens to Stravinsky and Rachmaninov.

This is a record that probably fell under the radar at the time but to this day, still delivers charm and irresistible attraction. Keys, drums and bass is a formula that got worn out in the 70's, but this one is tearing up my heart and melts in tiny notes of nostalgia. It's not a pompous load of look-at-me, it's just 3 guys with bad hair and moustache who couldn't score with the ladies after a show....'cause not girls came to see them. Feel like and old pair of slippers, am I right?

Underrated and perfect.