The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel CD (album) cover

PARADOX HOTEL

The Flower Kings

MikeEnRegalia
3 stars I listened to this album 3 times (over a period of half a year, and the last time just a few hours before writing this), and I cannot remember any great song or melody. It's a solid effort, better than the previous album (Adam & Eve), with top musicianship, production and packaging ... but it somehow feels empty and dry. There are a few inspiring moments in some tracks - Pioneers of Aviation, End on a High Note, the title track + Blue Planet. But I only know this because I kept notes from my listening session.

Conclusion: 3 stars - a solid effort, but nothing to write home about either. I'd recommend any other TFK album instead of this one, with the exception of Adam & Eve. I hope that Roine manages to find the inspiration to write another truly great TFK album ... he is still capable of writing great music, as proven by his (non-prog) solo album "Wallstreet Voodoo", which was released just half a year before this one.

MikeEnRegalia | 3/5 |