Il Balletto di Bronzo - Ys CD (album) cover

YS

Il Balletto di Bronzo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Hejkal
3 stars I am no expert on Italian prog rock, but I like almost everything from what I've heard. This album is very good in terms of musicianship. The keyboard are near to Emerson and are accompanied with raw heavy guitar. That's good. The bass and drums are also excellent. What I don't like is vocal. Nothing special.

As for songs, I am unable to choose a favourite one, the whole album is good, but I lack exceptional passages or melodies in it. And that's the main problem. Not easy listening complex music is usually my favourite, but here the "human" kind of music is slightly missing.

A very complex album without heart.

Hejkal | 3/5 |