Dream Theater - Dream Theater CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

2 stars I beleive that for the last 10 years DT have lost much of their poetic side. The keyboards are struggling to fit in and the latest albums cannot be compared with Images or Metropolis. Developing their heavier side have alienated an audience which loved their differentiation from the Metal genre. This is probably the last album I will run to buy from day 1 as I got bored listening to the same stuff. Some of the riffs in Enigma machine remind me a lot of "Honor Thy Father" to give an example. Very well executed but we should ask ourselves if we are searching for an instrumental "show off" or music that will be etched in our memory forever. And I must sadly confess that Dream Theater have lost their skill in making this type of music any more. 2 stars only because they are one of my most favorite bands (for their older material)
starclassic | 2/5 |