Yes - BBC Sessions 1969-1970 Something's Coming (2 Cds) CD (album) cover

2 stars From time to time, there are some jewels coming out of the boxes of the BBC. Have a listen to the double Purple "Live In Concert" (one CD for the In Rock" era and one from "Machine Head"). Have another for Genesis' one (but I guess it is still considered as a bootleg) : moments of five concerts they played at the Beeb (from February '70 to September '72). As last example, the best known is the Led Zep double CD. Three great moments of this wonderful programme. Unfortunately with this YesWork, we are far from these masterpieces. What we have here are "studio" live tracks from their first two albums and some unreleased cover version for "Something's Coming" (at least in an album). This cover is a very good by the way (like almost all their covers though) and the highlight here. Four songs from "Yes" (of which the cover "Every Little Thing") and six from "Time And A Word" (of which two covers). I consider this album as relatively weak so I can hardly be exicted with this work (the versions here are also not very deviant from the original ones). There are also six duplicate tracks which makes this album for completionists only. Two stars.
ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |