Clearlight - Delired Cameleon Family   CD (album) cover

3 stars This one had been their most cosmic sounding effort and actually it's together with FBB one of those Clearlight albums I can find the least pleasure with. At least to my ears this music presented here just sounds inmature, chaotic and completely weird. Moreover it becomes very repetitive, pointless and boring at times. I can imagine that it will appeal to fans of Lard Free and early Gong but I doubt that anyone loving their later releases will find much enjoyable here. Clearly an aquired taste and for sure a freak-out cosmic trip, probably enjoyable with the help of some additives. Still worth 3 stars for its uniqueness but I wouldn't consider it an essential addition to any Prog collection!
hdfisch | 3/5 |